The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No dont say that. Gutted it looked great

I mean, watch for yourself. Everyone likes different shit so you might like it. I just thought it was a complete waste of time tbh. :D 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, watch for yourself. Everyone likes different shit so you might like it. I just thought it was a complete waste of time tbh. :D 

Did you think it was better than the original?

I watched Mortal Kombat.

Spoiler

The "Get Over Here" line from Scorpion noooooooooooo. What a wasted opportunity. They should have used the original voice actors voice for it.

Edited by PieFacE

Just finished Love and Monsters on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. A fun, end-of-the-world monster movie, fair amount of funny bits, lovable dog. What’s not to like?! 8/10

• Like 1

Mortal Kombat is a lot better than what it should be, the new guy is OK, kano is marmite but landed on the right side for me, I liked that they didn't really try and develop too many of the characters because let's be honest it's all a big bag of bollocks! It has the right amount of gore, the right amount of cheese too and wouldn't say its incredible but good enough fight scenes with one or two really good ones 

Its anchored by a very good sub zero and scorpion, I love hiroyuki sanada

Actually looking forward to a sequel 

Edit - sanada is 60! His first acting credit was in 1966, mad

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

On 14/04/2021 at 04:17, darrenm said:

It's interesting that Kelly MacDonald's career has been much more successful than it might seem. Both her and Ewan McGregor went onto a great career after Trainspotting. It took me a minute to realise it was her in Line Of Duty.

What? You didn't recognize her? How can you ever forget THAT scene in Trainspotting?*

*In fairness, I may have played it over in my mind several thousand times in the intervening years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What? You didn't recognize her? How can you ever forget THAT scene in Trainspotting?*

*In fairness, I may have played it over in my mind several thousand times in the intervening years.

Strange. I mean her version of Temptation isn't bad but for me it's far from the most memorable bit of that scene. Each to their own though. 

spacer.png

Saint Maud was an interesting take on palliative care mixed with religious fanaticism/mental health issues. 

not a cheery watch but decent for a low budget British film. 

i doubt the Scarborough Tourism Board were that enamoured either :D

• Like 1

Â