The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched a good documentary flim called 'Kumiko The Treasure Hunter' about a young Japanese lady who watched Fargo, and because at the start of that film there's a message that says it's based on a true story, she think's that it's real and sets off to Fargo, North Dakota to find the treasure that was buried in the snow in that movie.

Spoiler about the ending...

Spoiler

I think that the policeman who had been helping her, knowing where she was going got there first and buried some money for her to find.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

High bar.

I use the Gazzetta dello Sport rating :)

5.5 is still not terrible, a perfect 10 is once in a lifetime.

Bit silly on IMBD where everything you like is a 10 and everything you dislike is a 1.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Bit silly on IMBD where everything you like is a 10 and everything you dislike is a 1.

Sorry, being a bit tongue in cheek with Eurotrip being the pinnacle of the Euro tour movies 😝

• Haha 1

When I've watched a film I love nothing more than to read the trivia about it on IMDB ha ha ha (I'm not really laughing). Sunset Boulevard was one of the most interesting to read about, makes the film even more fascinating, especially the 'meta' aspects.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

On 12/09/2019 at 09:33, sne said:

On the subject of scores, I think I’d say 5 is “average” 6 is “Ok”, 7 is “good”. 

However it sounds like I’m probably more liberal with my 10’s, I can think of a fair few films I’d give a 10 to.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Walking round Edinburgh saw a film crew set up, then a truck unloading 3 silver acura nsx, even saw part of an American muscle car under a pretty poor cover and it still didn't occur to me what it was... Fast and furious 9 filming here

Will that franchise ever **** end?

• Like 1

Â