The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fancied giving this a watch again. Great performance by Tom Hardy.

91H3V80JltL._SY445_.jpg

I agree his performance was good but the film on the whole was a load of old bunters. 

Very disappointing movie

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I agree his performance was good but the film on the whole was a load of old bunters. 

Very disappointing movie

I thought he gave a good performance as Reg but his Ron was beyond parody and like something that Paul Whitehouse would do in a comedy sketch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pooligan said:

Moonraker  (1979)

I enjoy watching a bit of Bond every now and then .Moonraker was one of my favourite 007 movies 

the story behind it in the sequencing of bond films and therefore the success of it makes for good reading

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 09:06, theboyangel said:

Very disappointing movie

I thought his performance was nothing but self - indulgence. Terrible, terrible film .

It was that bad it made the Spandau twins version seem like a classic.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2019 at 09:30, Designer1 said:

I thought he gave a good performance as Reg but his Ron was beyond parody and like something that Paul Whitehouse would do in a comedy sketch.

Image result for this is supposed to be a high class bureau de change

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Image result for this is supposed to be a high class bureau de change

I watched that again just the other day. The one where they filmed it 'mobile'. Genius stuff.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Oh come on @Chindie it's going to be really popular with VT'ers - it's got James Corden in it

suicide.gif

Given his popularity with VT members and his body of work, I’m surprised we don’t have a ‘James Corden Cinematic Universe’ thread. 

• Like 1

I may give away a little too much here. I am really looking forward to Cats, not for Cordon, he's a word removed, but for everything else. Odd that they are giving anyone star billing as really its just a collection of songs with different singers. 

I met my all time hero at a production of Cats.

My fam like a musical and regularly go and do the London West End thing whilst I knock about a couple of record shops or visit a few top floor models or whatever.

For some reason I still can't fathom, I was persuaded to join them when they went to see Cats.

The seat was tiny, I had to snap my pelvis and both femurs to sort of fit. It was truly uncomfortable. The show was even more shit than I could have imagined. There was a sort of half time, I uncoiled myself from my seat and at the same time, a bloke behind me also stood up.

Except he stood, did an exaggerated stretch and announced 'well, that's my lot love, I'll be in the bar or outside, no rush'. With that he left and never came back.

I thought about him, stood in the bar, or stood outside, for the whole blur of the second half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â