The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Completely forgot it but it's the Timberlake one with the barcode thing on his arm where he buys time, yeah that was ok

That’s the one, I thought it was decent as well. 

Looking after my girlfriend's nieces, they want to watch a film, they are 13 and 8 and don't speak English...

Currently watching a film about a teenage girl with a heart condition and her best friend who is a horse, in German with no subtitles

My vote for the lives of others fell on deaf ears

• Haha 1

Yesterday - a surprisingly watchable Richard Curtis film, helped by Danny Boyles direction. I had feared the worst, some ghastly Love Actually / About Time cringe fest but it was more Notting Hill, Mamma Mia, easy entertainment. Obviously mushy but not too much, or as much as it could have been, but surprisingly plenty of decent jokes and very watchable leads.

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Secret Obsession on Netflix is so bad. I think the script was found in a time capsule from the eighties. The only thing missing was Michael Douglas. 

The story looked so obvious I really thought that there would be a twist at the end.................nope,

On 21/07/2019 at 03:37, sheepyvillian said:

Secret Obsession on Netflix is so bad. I think the script was found in a time capsule from the eighties. The only thing missing was Michael Douglas. 

More and more of the stuff on Netflix just look like "Lifetime Movies." (Trashy, made for daytimeTV  movies that uneducated housewives watch.)

• Like 1

Just watched The Accountant, it was pretty decent if a bit implausible.  Not a big Ben Affleck fan, but an autistic character suits his emotionless shit acting, if that's not too harsh.

Also watched Sully the other day, it was an incredible story yet it didnt seem to translate that well onto screen.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

More and more of the stuff on Netflix just look like "Lifetime Movies." (Trashy, made for daytimeTV  movies that uneducated housewives watch.)

I might be wrong here but it's because Netflix aren't producing any films, they are just going round the festival circuits snapping everything up for cheap

I still don't see Netflix as a film platform, its for TV

my brother won't get it because he just wants films 

Went to see Lion King (New Version) on Saturday.

4/10 No where near as good as the original,  in fact,  not in the same ballpark as the original.  Horrible.

I was with my Grandaughter (5) who will happily watch films in English but all (Dutch) the kids in the Cinema had the same problem,  they could not tell the lions apart (Apart from Skar).  (They rely on the visual element more as they were all under 10 so English not 100%)

She really had a proper cry at one point though 😌.

On 20/07/2019 at 20:04, Rodders said:

Yesterday - a surprisingly watchable Richard Curtis film, helped by Danny Boyles direction. I had feared the worst, some ghastly Love Actually / About Time cringe fest but it was more Notting Hill, Mamma Mia, easy entertainment. Obviously mushy but not too much, or as much as it could have been, but surprisingly plenty of decent jokes and very watchable leads.

😮 About Time is an absolute delight!!:rant:

• Like 1

Â