The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Rewatched war world z last night, I've read the book and it's obviously very very different and misses the point really but it's still a good film with some good takes on the genre, Pitts armour is a bit daft 

Have always thought they could do another film or a series of films set in the same world with a complete different story and characters, would probably lend itself to a large cast tv show too

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Watched Searching last night.  A really interesting premise and cracks along at a good pace with some interesting twists and turns.  We really enjoyed it.  Was weird at first seeing John Cho not shouting "MILF, MILF" but he does a good job of becoming increasingly desperate (and tired) as the films goes on.

Definitely worth a look.

Yeah I recommended this one on here a while ago. Very clever premise and really well executed.

• Like 1

Lords of Chaos.

Not for the faint hearted with some proper scenes involving suicide and murder that will make you uncomfortable or it did me. A solid "inspired by real events" tale though and worth a watch.

What-Keeps-you-Alive-Poster.jpg

Excellent psychological horror movie from the Writer/Director of Grave Encounters Colin Minihan. 

A stripped back, effectively sparse storyline coupled with strong performances from the two leads (the whole thing is effectively a two hander as there are hardly any other actors in it), with some nice twists and turns along the way.

It's on Netflix if you fancy giving it a go :thumb:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rewatched war world z last night, I've read the book and it's obviously very very different and misses the point really but it's still a good film with some good takes on the genre, Pitts armour is a bit daft 

Have always thought they could do another film or a series of films set in the same world with a complete different story and characters, would probably lend itself to a large cast tv show too

A film that I find inexplicably despised on this forum. I think it's quite good. Admittedly I haven't read the book though. 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Fincher was attached to a sequel but it got cancelled iirc.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Fincher was attached to a sequel but it got cancelled iirc.

yeah that's what I thought too, Brad Pitts production company plan B owns the rights so its hard to see them doing anything other than a straight up sequel involving him which doesn't really interest me that much, if they touched it again they would have to go deeper in to the politics and show more of how the world reacts rather than just the cool swarm

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A film that I find inexplicably despised on this forum. I think it's quite good. Admittedly I haven't read the book though. 

The only thing it has in common with the book is the title.

Literally nothing else, not a single thing.

There are so many cool episodes in the book that could have been made into movies,

The pre-war period is the outbreak phase, along with the great panic. the battle for Yonkers is a movie in it's own almost.

And the you have the Redeker Plan and the big war and the world after.

The movie just felt like a very lazy Zombie horde video game script with some big name actor attached to sell tickets.

That crappy disaster movie 2012 has more in common with the book than this movie has :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

This looks like something some people might enjoy

Not sure I'm one of them but who knows.

Edit Wrong thread, should be in the TV tread 😜

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

On 16/06/2019 at 17:18, villa4europe said:

The book is literally perfect for a high-budget tv show, but there's such a glut of zombie tv shows at the moment I can see why they tried a film instead.

From what I remember the filming was a bit of a disaster, with multiple rewrites, production delays, reshoots. If it wasn't one of Pitts pet projects it probably would have been canned

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 21:56, Brumerican said:

If you liked 1 and 2 it's a banker. I spent most of the time thinking how the fuuuu did they film that scene . 

When you consider GOT pushed Ghost out because of filming difficulties , the dog scene in John Wick 3 should make them hold their heads in shame. 

It's ridiculous .

Some plot decisions are head scratchers but you won't care. 

You are there to see Wick in God mode vs the world and it delivers.

Finally saw this today and you weren’t wrong about the Dog scene! 

Brilliant stuff. 

I do love these films, I was smiling most of the way through - the violence is insanely good. 

• Like 2

Â