The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally got round to seeing a film I’ve been meaning to watch for the past 15 years today - City Of God. 

What a film it was as well. Brilliant. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Finally got round to seeing a film I’ve been meaning to watch for the past 15 years today - City Of God. 

What a film it was as well. Brilliant. 

Been a while since I watched it, although it’s the sort of film that stays with you for ages afterwards.

A few months back I think there was the discussion in here on distressing/upsetting film scenes. Your post has reminded me that the

Spoiler

“Hand or foot?” scene and the kids reactions in it

is up there in the conversation for me.

• Like 1

how have Netflix got hold of that??!

that's a $200m film, apparently Netflix had a bit of a barney with some of the yank cinema chains over Roma last year, if they want to simultaneously release it at the cinema and at home then the cinemas refused to show the film, think this will be too big a draw to refuse them what they want

• Like 1

watched the lion king last night, as I think chindie said its stripped it of all its charm and character, taken stuff away but not really added much back in, its too familiar with pretty much nothing coming out as better and adding some typical beyonce style warbling on to the songs can **** right off

the missus did think it was funny having john oliver in there though, she's not heard many brummies on TV before and thinks I talk weird, the comedy stuff still works, its a shame not all of it was updated, missed a trick there, zazu, hyenas and timon and pumbaa all could have done with fresher one liners

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

how have Netflix got hold of that??!

that's a $200m film, apparently Netflix had a bit of a barney with some of the yank cinema chains over Roma last year, if they want to simultaneously release it at the cinema and at home then the cinemas refused to show the film, think this will be too big a draw to refuse them what they want

The film will have its world premiere at the New York Film Festival on September 27, 2019.[38]According to De Niro, the film will have a late-2019 theatrical release, but it would be a limited release.[39] In February 2019, it was reported that Netflix would possibly give the film a wide theatrical release, at the request of Scorsese.[40] The heads of several theater chains, including AMC's Adam Aron, who refused to play Roma the previous November, said they would be open to playing The Irishman if Netflix "respects the decades old theatrical window, that suggests that movies come to theaters first for a couple of months, and then go to the home".[41]

Source 

Can someone confirm for me that a Batteries not included sequel exists? I've been searching for a copy since watching the first recently and it's like there is no trace of it ever actually existing :(

I googled it and got nothing except a handful of other people being equally as confused as I am about its scrubbing out of history.

I know it did exist as me and my brother used to watch the first and second vhs tapes back to back hundreds of times as kids. I've text him and he says that he remembers it too so that's at least 2 people.

Help me VT. You are my only hope. 

Edited by Ingram85

Theres not a sequel to Batteries Not Included.

It's an example of Mandela Effect - people think they remember stuff but are actually mistaken.

In this case I think people are mixing up a few films that came out around the same time. Batteries Not Included, Cocoon and Short Circuit (and it's sequel) all came out in the space of 3 years and have vaguely similar elements - old people, sci fi, robots, family comic-drama. They're quite different films, but all have similarities and get muddled in people's heads, especially if they children when they watched them.

• Like 1

Nah. We had two different VHS's. *batteries not included was one. *batteries still not included was the other. 

I know it wasn't the cocoon films as I hated them as a kid and never watched them.

Â