The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Any film that has the lead singer of the happy mondays third billed surely must evoke comparisons to the works of Bergman or Herzog.

Never mind Pacino and De Niro in Heat, Ryder and Fairbrass surpass them! 

• Haha 1

Watched Ready Player One and Fahrenheit 451 yesterday.

Ready Player One was better than I thought it would be. A very solid 80's Sunday matinee style thing 6.6/7-10 

Fahrenheit 451 was, well if you like the book you likely won't like the film as it misses the whole point of the book. As a stand alone dystopian tv movie it's all right. 5.5-10

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spoilers!

In a future remake,  instead of an iceberg, it will be Chuck Norris.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and it will be non binaries in the lifeboats first...

We could expect this possible dialogue then.

1st guy: Oh dear, no lifeboats for us then. Condemned to a death by drowning in freezing icy water because we are white heterosexual males aged between 18 and 35.

2nd guy: We are not dead yet, so shut up Bob, get on your knees, put it in your mouth, and start sucking. We are getting a bloody lifeboat!

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen deadpool 2 yet? Can't wiat to see it !

Lower your expectations and you'll be fine.

(It's ok nothing more).

Based on the notorious New Jersey d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶t̶r̶a̶p̶  Theme park Action Park!

I may be an old fart but Johnny Knoxville still makes me smile by hurting himself in a variety of ways.

The trailer may look daft but if you look at the history of Action Park! is even worse, The "rides" were some of the stupidest/unsafe things you are ever likely to see, combine this with the ability to drink as much as you like and staff that simply didn't care what you did and it's no surprise that there were multiple deaths & hundreds/thousands of injuries

This is the infamous cannoball loop waterslide

Cannonball%20Loop.preview.jpg

Just google Action Park! there are some great articles about the place but here is a good place to start :

https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20150414/30160/rise-and-fall-and-scrapes-and-scares-class-action-park

A place where minors could drink alcohol freely and people of any age could be seriously hurt, the theme park commonly referred to as “Class Action Park” was doomed to fail even though it was beloved by at least as many people as it was despised by. A popular theme park in Vernon, New Jersey, Action Park was shut down because of too much action, or at least action that was far too extreme. That shutdown was to the relief of some and the dismay of many.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5904307/behold-the-water-slide-so-dangerous-it-was-shut-down-immediately

There was however one ride that was too extreme even for Action Park. This water slide flipped the bird at physics so rudely that it was open for a single summer and then abandoned like a drainage pipe along the River Styx. We are referring to the infamous, gravity-defying Cannonball Loop.

Due to its special status as one of the most monumentally bad ideas in theme park history, the Loop has an aura of mystery surrounding it

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Based on the notorious New Jersey d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶t̶r̶a̶p̶  Theme park Action Park!

I may be an old fart but Johnny Knoxville still makes me smile by hurting himself in a variety of ways.

The trailer may look daft but if you look at the history of Action Park! is even worse, The "rides" were some of the stupidest/unsafe things you are ever likely to see, combine this with the ability to drink as much as you like and staff that simply didn't care what you did and it's no surprise that there were multiple deaths & hundreds/thousands of injuries

This is the infamous cannoball loop waterslide

Cannonball%20Loop.preview.jpg

Just google Action Park! there are some great articles about the place but here is a good place to start :

https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20150414/30160/rise-and-fall-and-scrapes-and-scares-class-action-park

A place where minors could drink alcohol freely and people of any age could be seriously hurt, the theme park commonly referred to as “Class Action Park” was doomed to fail even though it was beloved by at least as many people as it was despised by. A popular theme park in Vernon, New Jersey, Action Park was shut down because of too much action, or at least action that was far too extreme. That shutdown was to the relief of some and the dismay of many.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5904307/behold-the-water-slide-so-dangerous-it-was-shut-down-immediately

There was however one ride that was too extreme even for Action Park. This water slide flipped the bird at physics so rudely that it was open for a single summer and then abandoned like a drainage pipe along the River Styx. We are referring to the infamous, gravity-defying Cannonball Loop.

Due to its special status as one of the most monumentally bad ideas in theme park history, the Loop has an aura of mystery surrounding it

I dunno if this is a spoiler as i can't see the trailer (at work) so I'm not entirely sure what the film is about. So just in case

Spoiler

I'm sure I've read that the canonball loop decapitated some poor kid.
Or maybe it was broke his neck.

Either way it killed him.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I dunno if this is a spoiler as i can't see the trailer (at work) so I'm not entirely sure what the film is about. So just in case

Hide contents

I'm sure I've read that the canonball loop decapitated some poor kid.
Or maybe it was broke his neck.

Either way it killed him.

It decapitated a crash test dummy in testing apparently. and from there they instead bribed teenage employees $100 a pop to test it. The park itself was responsible for 6 deaths and supposedly bought extra ambulances for the local hospital to keep up with demand! 

I learnt all this in the last half hour reading the articles linked to in the above post. Sounded like an insane place

• Like 1

Â