The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just got around to seeing Blade Runner 2049.

Pretty disappointing all around. The imagery was great but the score was very poor... and the over-arching lost child-esque storyline was really quite poor given the moral/ethical options available to explore. I for one can't see this holding up in any way similar to the original movie.

35 minutes ago, hogso said:

@Chindie have I missed your Infinity War review? Or has there not been one yet. 

I've not been able to see it yet. I was going to go on Saturday but my car decided to part company with it's driveshaft on Friday and I've not had chance to go otherwise.

Remarkably I've only had 1 thing spoiled so far.

Edited by Chindie

Infinity war tonight 

30 mins or so in I thought , this may we’ll be the best Marvel one so far , then it sorta lagged a bit , too many characters being shoe horned in for their cameo , it was like watching an old re run of live from the London Palladium as they shoehorn in Bruce Forsyth , Buck Tarbrush and the Krankies for no real reason when everyone is ready to go home .

but then it picked up again even if the battle in wankanda suffered a bit with its 3-D  with too much going on ( though maybe it was down to row 3 in the imax rather than the film itself ) 

Thor was great and the real star of the show  ( and probably still Marvels best all around character / films ) maybe the secret is you need to be a God rather than a super hero

So maybe still one of the top 2 or 3 marvel films , but I’ll sorta glad when we get closure on the series , assuming they don’t go for a soppy ending 

oh and Scarlett Johansen ... still would 

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

I've not been able to see it yet. I was going to go on Saturday but my car decided to part company with it's driveshaft on Friday and I've not had chance to go otherwise.

Remarkably I've only had 1 thing spoiled so far.

That's...good I guess? Suppose it depends on the severity of the spoiler. 

I look forward to when you get around to it, then. I dare say you'll pick up on some things which passed me by. 

I'll tag this as a spoiler although I don't think it is

Spoiler

Anyone notice that during the trailer they had all the super heroes running together to fight thanos army had hulk and iron man but in the movie they were nowhere to be seen?

Will this be used in second one perhaps? Or was it just cut?

37 minutes ago, hogso said:

That's...good I guess? Suppose it depends on the severity of the spoiler. 

I look forward to when you get around to it, then. I dare say you'll pick up on some things which passed me by. 

I don't think it's the biggest plot spoiler in the world, just a small cool surprise moment

Spoiler

The apparent return of the Red Skull

Otherwise I'm mostly unspoiled thankfully. I hope to get to see it at the end of the week.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'll tag this as a spoiler although I don't think it is

Hide contents

Anyone notice that during the trailer they had all the super heroes running together to fight thanos army had hulk and iron man but in the movie they were nowhere to be seen?

Will this be used in second one perhaps? Or was it just cut?

Cut i think

Spoiler

They also have a toy thats the hulk bursting out of the hulk buster armour which didnt make the final cut

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Cut i think

Hide contents

They also have a toy thats the hulk bursting out of the hulk buster armour which didnt make the final cut

Two ridiculous scenes not to cut.

I tjink the one I mentioned might make number 2 as various groups never interacted in this film.

On 01/05/2018 at 15:16, villakram said:

Just got around to seeing Blade Runner 2049.

Pretty disappointing all around. The imagery was great but the score was very poor... and the over-arching lost child-esque storyline was really quite poor given the moral/ethical options available to explore. I for one can't see this holding up in any way similar to the original movie.

I thought it was great. A proper Sci-Fi movie where you have to engage your brain. Much better than the terrible comic book films that pollute every cinema these days.

• Like 1

Â