The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Dude, if you want to make your own list, just do it. 

I don't have a list to make really. I've only seen about 3 films from that list plus the 2 Fox ones. I thought both Deadpool and Logan were made by Marvel studios just under the Fox name. I'm not trying to nitpick I just wasn't sure what constitutes MCU as they were both films made by Marvel.

Edit: I'm not questioning Chindie as obviously he would know, I'm just wondering why they are not regarded as part of the Universe.

Edited by AVFCDAN

On a similar theme to Brawl in Cell Block 99, I thoroughly recommend Paddington 2 (well, there are scenes in a prison!)

in all seriousness, probably the best ‘family’ film I’ve seen in ages. Even Hugh Grant is brilliant!?! 

Hangover III

****. Think I prefer 2 to it and that film is a pile of ****. Quite telling that the only funny bit was the very last scene after the story had concluded. Could have been a great trilogy after the first film. How do you mess up something that good so badly?

The film on the Utöya massacre is supposedly a pretty harrowing watch.

Not seen it yet but the reviews are mostly positive.

Difficult thing to make a movie about without exploiting it.

U: July 22, or (Utöya 22 Juli)

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Hangover III

****. Think I prefer 2 to it and that film is a pile of ****. Quite telling that the only funny bit was the very last scene after the story had concluded. Could have been a great trilogy after the first film. How do you mess up something that good so badly?

I’ve only seen the first one once. Thought it was alright, not good enough to warrant two sequels. 

Whenever I see the Equaliser with Denzel, I picture a meeting between studio execs:

"I know it was popular, but Creasy died at the end! How do you get a sequel from that?!"

"Wait, I've got an idea."

• Like 1

Watched Infinity Wars and The Shape of water over the weekend.

Both solid movies but of course in completely different ways.

Infinity wars I'd say is one of the better Marvel one's I've seen, top 5 or so. 6.5/10

Shape of water was rather good, but I had hyped it up too much in my head I think so I was slightly disappointed, bit like with 2 Billboards. Still it's easily a 7.5/10

Both worth the watch.

On 13/05/2018 at 08:22, Ingram85 said:

Hangover III

How do you mess up something that good so badly?

Greed.

The first was good because it was a bit different to movies with similar themes and came as a surprise.

The sequels were basically the same film as the first , but with everybody phoning it in .

Noel Gallagher would have loved all 3.

• Like 1

Romancing the Stone

Watched it last night, most of my life has passed since I last watched it as a kid. It’s still **** brilliant. Great characters, story, action, humour etc... love it. Great fun.

Never seen the sequel though so will try and track it down. 

6 hours ago, pooligan said:

A Bridge To Far  (1977)

One of my favourite all time war movies.I have seen it countless times and i see enjoy watching it

Where is Far? 

On 10/05/2018 at 14:54, Chindie said:

Hmm.

I like Predator. I like a lot of Shane Black stuff. I quite like Boyd Holbrook. But... Hmm.

looks like corporate sanitized rubbish... bastards!

Â