The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I remember someone mentioned Revenge on here recently. I really enjoyed it and thought it was really well shot also the main girl was very good looking which helped.

If anyone is looking for something similar I recommend I Spit on Your Grave remake from 2010 I think. That's even more brutal but the "revenge" is probably even more satisfying.

Jamie Foxx is going to play the title role in McFarlane's Spawn reboot (if you can call it that). Will be a surprise if it actually happens, McFarlane has been trying to do a reboot of the character for about 15 years. Nobody actually gives a **** about Spawn, and McFarlane is a hack who could draw Spider-Man well and little else.

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

Jamie Foxx is going to play the title role in McFarlane's Spawn reboot (if you can call it that). Will be a surprise if it actually happens, McFarlane has been trying to do a reboot of the character for about 15 years. Nobody actually gives a **** about Spawn, and McFarlane is a hack who could draw Spider-Man well and little else.

I loved Spawn back in the day. 

I had a couple of Batman/Spawn one-shots and they were ace. 

Red Sparrow: Solid 7/10 action intrigue flick, with a particularly inventive form of torture on display.

The Post: Another very watchable movie, retelling the story of the pentagon papers from the journo perspective. Well worth checking out the Ellsberg documentary from a few years back to compliment this.

got around to Deadpool 2 last night 

giggled like a school boy during lots of it , some great lines in it and the usual stupidity that appeals to me ....great fun but it’s a bit like going to see a comedy act where you spend the entire show genuinely laughing out loud and can’t remember a single gag by the time you get to the car park 

i imagine it’s not for everyone , but I like how he sends himself up , the green lantern end credits scene etc ... can’t wait for DP3

• Like 1

Watched A Quiet Place tonight. Superb stuff. Creditable mostly for the fact the audience were a bunch of absolutely rocket polishers. Code breaking scum. Phones, loud talking and laughter throughout along with all the rustling etc which is all the more noticeable here but still I enjoyed the film. Looking forward to seeing it at home on DVD unspoiled by those **** shits

Edited by Rodders

Over the last couple of days I've got round to watching a couple of films I intended to see in the cinema upon release but never did.  The first was Dunkirk, and I think it was a good time to watch it, without all the hype behind it.  I wouldn't put it up there with my favourites but it clearly was a very good film and impressively made.

The second was The Big Sick.  Really enjoyed that - great story and likeable characters.

Edited by Troglodyte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

Over the last couple of days I've got round to watching a couple of films I intended to see in the cinema upon release but never did.  The first was Dunkirk, and I think it was a good time to watch it, without all the hype behind it.  I wouldn't put it up there with my favourites but it clearly was a very good film and impressively made.

The second was The Big Sick.  Really enjoyed that - great story and likeable characters.

I re-watched Dunkirk the other day and whilst it was still 'ok', seeing it in IMAX when it came out really made it. The sound was 50% of the movie for me. It lost a lot of impact on the small screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I re-watched Dunkirk the other day and whilst it was still 'ok', seeing it in IMAX when it came out really made it. The sound was 50% of the movie for me. It lost a lot of impact on the small screen.

I know a few people who have said the same.  For some reason I didn't get to see at the cinema and was a bit disappointed with it when I watched it at home.

I watched The Eichmann Show the other day.  It wasn't the greatest film I'll ever watch but it had a bit where they showed some of the footage from concentration camps which were far more graphic than anything I'd ever seen before.  I won't be forgetting it in a while.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I can easily imagine that being the case. It was an amazing cinematic experience, but in fairness Nolan does intentionally want to exploit the spectacle opportunities with cinema, sometimes at the expense of narrative. 

Watched Miss Sloane last night - about lobbying in America, taking on the gun industry. Good cast, but it is all about Jessica Chastain hauling the film together as the script and the plot goes a bit messy at times. 

• Like 1

On 02/06/2018 at 12:02, wazzap24 said:

1st time I watched it was on a plane.

Fair to say I thought it was shit :D

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

1st time I watched it was on a plane.

Fair to say I thought it was shit :D

Well at least the flying scenes would have felt realistic?! 

• Haha 1

Â