The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

34 minutes ago, birdistheword said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wasn’t Adam Warlock in the post credits of either Thor or GoTG 2? If so this could be an indicator for how Thanos gets defeated in Infinity War 2

Spoiler

He was but they've got no time to set him up, captain marvel has her own film set in the 90s (which i think the pager is a refernce to) coming up which i think will heavily play in to avengers 4

On IW, still dont like the ending because its so obvious, however i did think the scene with spiderman and tony was very good, it was also surprising how all of the other people i watched it with missed the role of dr strange, he pretty outlines it twice 

11 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Could someone please tell me what happened after the credits (in non spoiler mode) 

I took my 7 year old son and he did well enough sitting for nearly 3 hours without hanging on much longer. 

Thanks. 

Spoiler

More of what happens at the end of the film but to someone who gets a distress message out to a forthcoming marvel character before turning to ash

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

More of what happens at the end of the film but to someone who gets a distress message out to a forthcoming marvel character before turning to ash

Cheers mate. 

@chrisvilla4 may also be interested to know that

Spoiler

It is Nick Fury (Samuel L) who sends the pager message and receives a reply from, apparently, Captain Marvel. He turns to dust before seeing the reply, though.

Maria Hill also turns to dust - she's a minor, but named, character from the other Avengers and Cap movies. 

As for the role of Strange

Spoiler

Well, we know he travelled in to the future and saw one version where they won. Before turning to dust his final words to Stark are 'it was the only way'. That surely suggests he has something up his gaping wizard sleeve. I have no idea what the cononical limits of the time stone are in the comics, but I guess it's possible he did something in the future to help the survivors? 

The role of sacrifice and the soul stone is interesting too, I can envisage iron man sacrificing himself to bring back spiderman, for example. 

Thor is pretty OP now too, so I would imagine he'll be the one to defeat Thanos. With basically everyone from his own movie trilogy dead though, he'll snuff it in the process. 

For a guy that hasn't really been that into the marvel cinematic universe since it's inception, the fact the movie has me thinking about these things is indicative of just how good a job it does of telling a story, and being a damn entertaining flick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hogso said:

Hide contents

It is Nick Fury (Samuel L) who sends the pager message and receives a reply from, apparently, Captain Marvel. He turns to dust before seeing the reply, though.

Maria Hill also turns to dust - she's a minor, but named, character from the other Avengers and Cap movies. 

Hide contents

Well, we know he travelled in to the future and saw one version where they won. Before turning to dust his final words to Stark are 'it was the only way'. That surely suggests he has something up his gaping wizard sleeve. I have no idea what the cononical limits of the time stone are in the comics, but I guess it's possible he did something in the future to help the survivors? 

The role of sacrifice and the soul stone is interesting too, I can envisage iron man sacrificing himself to bring back spiderman, for example. 

Thor is pretty OP now too, so I would imagine he'll be the one to defeat Thanos. With basically everyone from his own movie trilogy dead though, he'll snuff it in the process. 

For a guy that hasn't really been that into the marvel cinematic universe since it's inception, the fact the movie has me thinking about these things is indicative of just how good a job it does of telling a story, and being a damn entertaining flick. 

Cheers Hogso! 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched "Delivery Man" tonight.

Don't bother.

The original is ok but nothing worth shouting about. Definitely didn't warrant a remake.

On 28/04/2018 at 08:20, Demitri_C said:

Infinity war. Really enjoyable film. Tonnes of action and thanos is excellent. Dr strange was great in this movie. Although wierd that antman and Hawkeye were nowhere to be seen.

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously means a time stone will be based on second  as deaths of Spiderman, Dr strange, the guardian's, black panther and nick fury.

What was really strange and confusing it just picked a bunch of random fighters to die.

Captain marvel is well is so lame. If thor, hulk can't do anything to thanos she has absolutely no chance. I thought shazzam might have been the one nick fury was beeping. Was a big time disappointment. 

Spoiler

Isn't Shazam DC? Also, Captain Marvel is meant to be really strong. One of the strongest in the MCU. 

44 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:
  Hide contents

Isn't Shazam DC? Also, Captain Marvel is meant to be really strong. One of the strongest in the MCU. 

STRonger than hulk?

i thought Shazam was marvel? Will need to check that out.

13 hours ago, hogso said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Same with me mate. Can’t wait for part two

Edited by Demitri_C

Yep, I'd agree with that. A nice, basically new idea. Though I think you could probably kick quite a few holes in the logic if you wanted to. 

Spoiler

Yeah like why didn't they live by the waterfall?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah like why didn't they live by the waterfall?

Spoiler

Or just make lots and lots of noise - they were obviously generating electricity silently, but why do that? Why not generate it really noisily instead? And use three or four different circuits to have different concert recordings on the go? etc etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:
  Hide contents

Or just make lots and lots of noise - they were obviously generating electricity silently, but why do that? Why not generate it really noisily instead? And use three or four different circuits to have different concert recordings on the go? etc etc

Yeah I hadn't thought about that, pretty obvious thing to do though!

Didn't realise John Krasinski actually directed it too til now. Fair play. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:
  Hide contents

Yeah this is what i was saying after the film too.

Spoiler

I know they had the fireworks thing, but even if it wasn't constant, I'd have had loads and loads of stuff set up to make noise. All over the **** place so the monsters would be drawn away from you.

The dad was obviously very good at engineering stuff so you'd think he'd be able to set stuff up like that.

FWIW I loved the film. Thought it was excellent. 

• Like 1

Â