The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Loved this film as I studied psychology, the experiment was ground breaking for the world of psychology, stemming a focus on ethics and morality. Enjoyed the Forest Whittaker version too

What did you think the portrayal of the lead professor? Wasn't very nuanced and seemed a little one-dimensional to me. 

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Rewatched Watchmen on Netflix last night, say what you will about Zack Snyder but he nailed that film.

Probably only one of a handful of comic book films I actually enjoyed and would watch again.

Bang on, better ending too imo instead of a daft giant alien squid thing. 

Disney might be buying 21st Century Fox as soon as next week. There been rumours for a while that warmed up over the last month or so, and it now looks like it's going to happen. Probably.

MCU to get X-Men and Fantastic Four properties...

• Like 1

Dunkirk, not bad but a bit disappointed considering the hype.

It's pretty and I imagine it was a whole other experience seeing it in the cinema. But it felt a bit flat and not as epic as I thought it was going to be.

Still a solid movie.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Dunkirk, not bad but a bit disappointed considering the hype.

It's pretty and I imagine it was a whole other experience seeing it in the cinema. But it felt a bit flat and not as epic as I thought it was going to be.

Still a solid movie.

IMAX or not at all I'd say.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Disney might be buying 21st Century Fox as soon as next week. There been rumours for a while that warmed up over the last month or so, and it now looks like it's going to happen. Probably.

MCU to get X-Men and Fantastic Four properties...

What do they do with wolverine?

shame they've already done civil war too, F4 story arc was my favourite part of that comic, maybe house of m or secret invasion

they also pick up avatar, terminator, alien, predator, kingsman, planet of the apes, ice age, Kung fu panda, assassins creed, hitman, dragon ball z, Madagascar, night at the museum, how to train your dragon, Percy Jackson, chronicles of narnia, I think die hard

theres a lot of property there for them to play with

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They also pick up avatar, terminator, alien, predator, kingsman, planet of the apes, ice age, Kung fu panda, assassins creed, hitman, dragon ball z, Madagascar, night at the museum, how to train your dragon, Percy Jackson, chronicles of narnia, I think die hard

theres a lot of property there for them to play with

Alien & Terminator v Predator & Agent 47 - book it 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Hopefully better than that last clusterf***ed abortion they released.

One of the worst movies of the last decade for me.

I wouldn't go that far, but I would agree it was pretty poor. Don't know why it got such fuss around it.

I don't hold out much hope for the new one.

I genuinely quite like Jurassic World.

It's stupid as anything and has occasional moments of strange viciousness (the death of the aid) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining.

I actually think that looks worse. It feels very contrived on that brief look.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I genuinely quite like Jurassic World.

It's stupid as anything and has occasional moments of strange viciousness (the death of the aid) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining.

I actually think that looks worse. It feels very contrived on that brief look.

I was entertained, but there was so much that either made no sense or had absolutely no consequence in the movie.

And obviously the fact that it's not about dinosaurs pissed me off.

Â