Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't get why he took off Tim and put Chambers on. 

Honestly, I'm totally baffled. 

We have a thin squad and he's trying things out. Probably last we see of chambers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No ambition tonight.  Big teams don’t go to a rival  top 4 side and play a weakened team. Need to get these daft thoughts out of our head and show a bit.  Typical Villa trait which occurs when we start getting dizzy and not believing in ourself. You want to play with the so called big boys then grow some bollocks. Very small time tonight. 

To be fair they didn't play weakened teams but city vs arsenal at the weekend seemingly just didn't bother to play either 

They were both just happy for a dead game and a point 

Just now, bobzy said:

Full strength side could well have lost by the same margin here, and then also been "more tired" for the run of Brentford, Lille, Arsenal, Lille, Bournemouth.

I don't fully understand the bed wetting, if I'm honest.

No Emi said it all for me. This game was a write-off before we even hit the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

If that’s in the other box it’s a pen, no doubt 

Yep. There would be zero hesitation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The City squad is rammed full of players that would be stars if they were the only one at most PL clubs.

Imagine if they were all in a bus crash…

Womp womp!

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shit to say it seeing as he's scored a hattrick... But nah not for me, great player but he's not world class 

He's about the 4th or 5th best player in this city team too which is depressing, I'd take silva over him any day 

Surprised, I think he’s unbelievable player and easily in the world class category and will only get better.  Can’t argue about others in the team maybe being better but this City team have loads of World Class players hence why they are the best club team in the world.  KDB, Haaland, Rodri to start with are arguably in the top three of their individual positions in the world for club football.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

No Emi said it all for me. This game was a write-off before we even hit the pitch. 

Olsen has been good from what I've seen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Full strength side could well have lost by the same margin here, and then also been "more tired" for the run of Brentford, Lille, Arsenal, Lille, Bournemouth.

I don't fully understand the bed wetting, if I'm honest.

and there wasn’t much bed wetting in the first half either !!! 

• Like 1

Safe to say goal difference now gone as a factor with Spurs. Their 4-0 thumping of us and this thumping puts an end to that. Need to win against Brentford now. 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I know I’m miserable but I’d love to see someone break both Fodens legs. A proper little scumbag. 

Is there something more to this than just being frustrated at him scoring against us?