Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

True , but seems we were happy with a defeat and to rest some players . Small club mentality but typical Villa . 

What?

If this rest gets us CL place and wins the ECL then strategically it’s big club mentality.  Looking at the long term picture than small club mentality of winning one game against a big team and celebrating.  Instead, taking a hit in one game for the benefit of many games….can’t think of anything more big club mentality than that.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

God talk about a Phil Foden wankfest.

McCoist is practically down on his knees noshing him off.

I mean, I get what you are saying, but he has just scored a hat trick.

Positives to take forward is Rodgers is getting more up to speed, and for a guy that looked out on his feet 30 minutes ago great weight of pass still.

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

The point I’m getting at is we haven’t gave ourself the best chance of getting something tonight, which is due to a lack of ambition imo. 

Disagree, it's a long game and strategic move, we don't have a billion pound squad to choose from.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

What?

If this rest gets us CL place and wins the ECL then strategically it’s big club mentality.  Looking at the long term picture than small club mentality of winning one game against a big team and celebrating.  Instead, taking a hit in one game for the benefit of many games….can’t think of anything more big club mentality than that.

We are too deep to get into all that. Take it take by game. 

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

God talk about a Phil Foden wankfest.

McCoist is practically down on his knees noshing him off.

Sickening plastic commentary. Literally creaming every time they touch the ball.

Weird game. We’ve been dicked and not really been as competitive as I would’ve liked but we’ve had a fair few really decent individual performances. 

• Like 1

commentators say that we have not won here since Martin O'neal and John Carew, but some of ya'll act like it was a certain win if we had only started different unhurt players.

Just now, VillaJay said:

Disagree, it's a long game and strategic move, we don't have a billion pound squad to choose from.

I disagree but I get some will see the logic in tonight. 

Just now, birdman said:

Sickening plastic commentary. Literally creaming every time they touch the ball.

Mine have just had a chuckle about them doing the double treble like it would be a good thing rather than absolutely sickening and terrible for football 

• Like 2