Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Well I said I'd take 3-0... 4-1 a bit better as we actually scored 😂 

We had 3 chances for 2-2 and we gave them the third. Could have got a better a result with this performancez reserves or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What?

If this rest gets us CL place and wins the ECL then strategically it’s big club mentality.  Looking at the long term picture than small club mentality of winning one game against a big team and celebrating.  Instead, taking a hit in one game for the benefit of many games….can’t think of anything more big club mentality than that.

Unless we get the coefficient in our favour (which is by no means certain) the  the GD loss has actively harmed our chances of a CL place.

I love Unai, but I have a strong feeling we'll deeply regret tonight come the end of the season.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

We are too deep to get into all that. Take it take by game. 

Yes us fans take game by game but that’s why we hire Emery to think over all the games and do what’s best.  So I don’t agree with you.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Unless we get the coefficient in our favour (which is by no means certain) the  the GD loss has actively harmed our chances of a CL place.

I love Unai, but I have a strong feeling we'll deeply regret tonight come the end of the season.

I have a strong heeling tonight was happening regardless of what team we put out 

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

We had 3 chances for 2-2 and we gave them the third. Could have got a better a result with this performancez reserves or not.

I was just going to say, we've had plenty of chances for a second goal. So frustrating, would help our goal difference no end and 4-2 sounds so much better than 4-1

I should say that I'm not wailing into the team with size twelves but this has been a disappointing night.