Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone know what the deal withcam archer is? 

Are we obliged to buy him back? 

Apparently so.

Odd one. Can see him coming back and going straight back out on loan or be sold. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with Duran in the Summer. I think he could leave, which means we’ll either need Archer or have to buy a back up. 

That said, I do think Rogers could be a monster of a striker. His ability to spin a defender under pressure could be lethal up there. 

So the recent reports were saying we'd be looking for another winger, seems like Leeds are out of automatics and will have a hard time in playoffs, we've already been linked with Summerville last season, wouldn't be surprised we come back if they don't go up. 

Just now, Alakagom said:

So the recent reports were saying we'd be looking for another winger, seems like Leeds are out of automatics and will have a hard time in playoffs, we've already been linked with Summerville last season, wouldn't be surprised we come back if they don't go up. 

seems we are just after midgets this summer.

32 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's an odd we haven't really heard reporting about any full backs or CDMs. Obviously signing attackers is more exciting but what we really need is those 3 positions. 

Serbian kid was starting in CL matches already (and did a great job vs City) though been injured for long time, must be thinking he's gonna get up and running quite quickly. But yea bit of a surprise regardless 

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

Serbian kid was starting in CL matches already (and did a great job vs City) though been injured for long time, must be thinking he's gonna get up and running quite quickly. But yea bit of a surprise regardless 

Think he's going to be more like Duran in the sense it won't really be until his third season where he gets significant minutes though expect him to be a bit part player next year. 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It's an odd we haven't really heard reporting about any full backs or CDMs. Obviously signing attackers is more exciting but what we really need is those 3 positions. 

I don't think it's odd, since Unai came in signings have been made on the down low, we barely hear anything and then bam signing done.

I think that with Monchi here now, targets will have been identified and we will go about our business as quietly as possible.

We are in a new era now, we don't **** about and I for one am happy about.

Gone are the days of us being linked with every possible player looking for a move and then being disappointed when inevitably they don't sign for us.

I feel very confident we will sign one if not two new fullbacks, if the deals can be done without having our pants pulled down.

14 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I don't know why people want Lo Celso, he has basically done nothing in his time at Spurs, he has 1 year left and we need to deal with Levy

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

I agree, I just don’t see it.  He would just be an unused sub 95% of the time given competition in that midfield.  We have to bring in players equivalent or better than what we have imo.

He seems to have done nothing at spurs because he keeps getting dropped for no apparent reason after a pretty good performance.

Emery, having worked with him and extolled his virtues before, seems to know he's a brilliant player. 

If we go back in for him,  I trust that it's because Emery thinks he'll improve our squad, and Monchi thinks we'll be able to get him for a relatively decent price.

If we dont sign him,  then fair enough, but if we do it's because he'll be a good value addition to our squad.

15 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I don't know why people want Lo Celso, he has basically done nothing in his time at Spurs, he has 1 year left and we need to deal with Levy

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

I agree, I just don’t see it.  He would just be an unused sub 95% of the time given competition in that midfield.  We have to bring in players equivalent or better than what we have imo.

48 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He seems to have done nothing at spurs because he keeps getting dropped for no apparent reason after a pretty good performance.

Emery, having worked with him and extolled his virtues before, seems to know he's a brilliant player. 

If we go back in for him,  I trust that it's because Emery thinks he'll improve our squad, and Monchi thinks we'll be able to get him for a relatively decent price.

If we dont sign him,  then fair enough, but if we do it's because he'll be a good value addition to our squad.

Lo Celso is a superbly gifted player, technically exactly the type of player Emery seems to love.

Im not really saying we should or shouldnt be in for him as a squad player, but he is technically superb and i have personally thought he has looked very good whenever i have seen him play for spurs.

maybe he is inconsistent and not overly good at times, dunno, but when i have seen him, he is very easy on the eye.

• Like 1

Summerville's price would be interesting particularly as Villa were watching him aged 16. At the same time as Ryan Gravenburch and Amadou Onana. 3 good pick ups they would have been but times were a bit different then.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

I’d really like to come to this thread, after we secure CL. As before that it’s almost like last year when we discuss while not knowing if we’re going to Europe or not.

However, I still think that Championship is a better market than Premier League. It’s tough to get the better players from the PL apart from loans or free ones (which usually doesn’t happen for good ones). But we seem to get a good one each season, Kamara and Tielemans for now. Hopefully Hermosi for this summer. 
I won’t say no to a loan for a DM, that would give us more space for fullback or a LW. 
I think it will be interesting, Dendonker, Coutinho, Chambers, Zaniolo and Lenglet if all left and wages are freed up, that would give a good chance to start getting hopefully better value. 

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't think it's odd, since Unai came in signings have been made on the down low, we barely hear anything and then bam signing done.

I think that with Monchi here now, targets will have been identified and we will go about our business as quietly as possible.

We are in a new era now, we don't **** about and I for one am happy about.

Gone are the days of us being linked with every possible player looking for a move and then being disappointed when inevitably they don't sign for us.

I feel very confident we will sign one if not two new fullbacks, if the deals can be done without having our pants pulled down.

And also, it's April,  and while that doesn't mean we're not active, it does mean newspapers and websites aren't falling over themselves in a rush to publish literally anything they can think of ("Villa target full back prospect who feeds beefburgers to SWANS") under an EXCLUSIVE banner. 

• Like 1

If we can qualify for the Champions League I think we can get Nico Williams. He'd be a huge asset for us and I think Emery wants us to be less predictable and more flexible in terms of which side is the attacking FB and winger combination. So not always going LB and RW we could go RB and LW. Williams is great with both feet but generally considered right footed and we've got just 2 left footed wingers in the squad. 

Summerville would be a good alternative. We need that right footed winger who loves dribbling and has high sucessful take ons

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He didn’t play regularly at Villarreal the 2 seasons before that, so it’s not only at Spurs. 

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Lo Celso is a superbly gifted player,

You watch a different player to me then.

but he is technically superb and i have personally thought he has looked very good whenever i have seen him play for spurs.

Yep definitely a different player as I think when he has played for Spurs which he didn’t much he was bang average.

maybe he is inconsistent and not overly good at times, dunno, but when i have seen him, he is very easy on the eye.

He would not be ahead of any midfielder we currently have at the club.

• Like 1

We only need one attacking player and that's a right footed winger. We need another Central Midfielder (I think possibly a player on loan or we could try for Ndidi on a free as Emery will return him to his best). We also need another LCB who can play LB who has similar skillset to Pau in ball progression. 

So Nico Williams, Ndidi and Hermoso would be perfect. Two in on a free transfer. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So Nico Williams, Ndidi and Hermoso would be perfect. Two in on a free transfer. 

No right back? I know we have the Serbian kid, but I was thinking more of an immediate starter. Maybe with Cash moving on to bring in some revenue. 

Â