Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

Killer mentality is surely going to be high up on the list of attributes for signings this summer.

Its already been alluded to by Emery 'players need to quickly learn what it takes to compete at top end of the table and in europe'.

Too often there's been a distinct lack of leadership on the pitch when the going gets tough.

McGinn, Luiz, Konsa are 3 of our most constant and experienced players, the spine of our team, and i like them all, but i don't think any have the leadership needed for a truly top team, they're all complimentary players.

McGinn reverts to his gerrard era run around like a headless chicken and aimlessly hoof it, Luiz hides, and Konsa flaps his arms moaning at everyone else even when he's messed up.

Let’s not shit the bed, had Martinez been on the field I fancy we still would have won.

what we needed before the game is still the same now.

51 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

There's a reason he cost 100mn+, you can't find all these qualities easily 

Gallagher will be available for 40m. Think Emery can improve his close range control and passing. If we're looking for a younger McGinn then he fits and was a good battle between the two tonight.

• Thanks 2

Tyler Morton on loan at Hull from Liverpool would be a good signing if we can get him out of Liverpool. Probably looking at the £20m range. 

Very press resistant and would be a good back up to Kamara. 

Maybe a slim chance of getting him if Liverpool see him as a first team player next year, but would be the right kind of player I think 

Tin hat time and I know it won’t be a popular statement but if we secure fourth and Champions League, I really wouldn’t be against us competing for Conor Gallagher. If rumours are to be believed and he’s available for around £40m, i’d take him. Yes, he’s a bit of a whingeing, moaning word removed at times but he can play. 

I do think we lack that horrible arrogance that the big teams have. Gallagher has that about him. Especially if Luiz were to leave, we’d be woefully short with Kamara out until October or November maybe?

• Like 1

IF we get in the CL, I would look at the 2 central midfielders at Wolves Gomes and Lemina. Wouldn't be too expensive, and would be better squad players than we currently have. There is a good midfield when Ramsey, Kamara, Rogers, Tielemanns,McGinn are all fit.

I wouldn't be too bothered if Luiz went tbh

11 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

IF we get in the CL, I would look at the 2 central midfielders at Wolves Gomes and Lemina. Wouldn't be too expensive, and would be better squad players than we currently have. There is a good midfield when Ramsey, Kamara, Rogers, Tielemanns,McGinn are all fit.

I wouldn't be too bothered if Luiz went tbh

Gomes is a good player. Strong and talented too. Ideal Luiz replacement. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Gomes probably would be expensive, very highly rated, and I think been linked to some big clubs because of his good form this season

We could’ve done with some Spanish keep ball yesterday in midfield. I wonder if Koke could be tempted away from Atletico - class player and vastly experienced going into hopefully our maiden champions league campaign* Contract expiring this summer but with a years option. 

Would love us to go for Javi Guerra from Valencia but may be out of reach considering the other names linked with him. 

Or go Dutch with Mats Wieffer. We need that calm technical ability in the centre of the pitch. 

(*appreciate we have been Euro champions I mean in its new format as it’s a vastly different tournament since we were crowned kings of Europe) 

Edited by thabucks

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We could’ve done with some Spanish keep ball yesterday in midfield. I wonder if Koke could be tempted away from Atletico - class player and vastly experienced going into hopefully our maiden champions league campaign* Contract expiring this summer but with a years option. 

Would love us to go for Javi Guerra from Valencia but may be out of reach considering the other names linked with him. 

Or go Dutch with Mats Wieffer. We need that calm technical ability in the centre of the pitch. 

(*appreciate we have been Euro champions I mean in its new format as it’s a vastly different tournament since we were crowned kings of Europe) 

Koke signed a new contract recently. Took a 4 million paycut, doubt he be that generous to come here

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Koke signed a new contract recently. Took a 4 million paycut, doubt he be that generous to come here

Didn’t realise that … should’ve checked … 

11 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

anyone know what happens with Archer now Sheff Utd have been relegated?

Hopefully stays there and builds a career for himself … I’d like us to do a deal with Arblaster with the remaining monies they’d owe for keeping him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, thabucks said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/f81ef10d/Maxence-Caqueret#all_scout_summary

Maxence Caqueret too

• Like 1

Â