Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Again, he is the McGinn replacement, in time.

Think if we had Ramsey, as others have said, he would have started today in place of Zaniolo and you'd have McGinn and Tielemans holding back.

He should be quite proud of his past month... and realize the real work starts next season, because a lot of teams are going to take the time to study his tape and break him down. A mark of respect,

I think he will be incredible next season.  I wonder when he first came to Unai's attention, whether he and Arsenal were interested in him at the time City signed him or it was just a good bit of recent scouting.

Thought he was very raw in his early game but as said he's adapted so quickly even from his level in the West Ham game and now looks like he's been playing at this level for years.

A very clever signing especially for the fee paid.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he will be incredible next season.  I wonder when he first came to Unai's attention, whether he and Arsenal were interested in him at the time City signed him or it was just a good bit of recent scouting.

I think Unai said somewhere they noticed him when doing prep for the Boro game. 

• Like 1

Was thinking based on last night's performance that he can be long term competition for Buendia. He's got that imaginative vision and capacity to find teammates in tight spaces. Very exciting for a 19yo to be playing like that.

The good thing is that he’s showing his value in our worst run of the season. Missing Kamara mainly but also either with McGinn or Luiz.

He’s playing when our defensive play got worse (for many reasons), with all pressure we’re having. It’s not the best times for him, yet he’s doing really good. Imagine if we were more comfortable. 

Hopefully we win against Lille and qualify, with CL being sorted by 5th going through. That would give us a chance to try more players (Tim, Kellyman…etc). While pushing for 4th but without much pressure. Making the priority the Conference league. 

3 hours ago, Ponky said:

Was thinking based on last night's performance that he can be long term competition for Buendia. He's got that imaginative vision and capacity to find teammates in tight spaces. Very exciting for a 19yo to be playing like that.

He’s 21 but agree.

It's scary how good he can get, even now, on current form, it would be difficult to drop him even if all players were fit and available.

I was critical of this signing at first, I felt we urgently needed someone who's battle ready. He is 

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

He is learning so quickly and obviously benefiting massively from having Emery as coach.

One of they real bargains of the last transfer window.

I think this is a key aspect of what Unai looks for in a player

There are better players (maybe, maybe not) but an ability to improve, and follow a system is key to our signings now. 

Looks a very good player already; imagine him after a full pre-season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Again, he is the McGinn replacement, in time.

Think if we had Ramsey, as others have said, he would have started today in place of Zaniolo and you'd have McGinn and Tielemans holding back.

He should be quite proud of his past month... and realize the real work starts next season, because a lot of teams are going to take the time to study his tape and break him down. A mark of respect,

No chance is he the McGinn replacement. 

Â