Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bought for €9.4m and now valued at €8m which about sums up transkermkt.com.

£30m player already. Always rated that Monchi.

They only update player values every 6 months. So assume his value hasn't changed since we bought him. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

I have a feeling he is (over time) gonna be developed into a CF. Can see him getting a few starts as a striker this season.

Definitely has the tools

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Seems to be some rumours knocking around that he’s going on Love Island…

SO pleased this thread has been bumped for this obvious BS!

On 24/05/2024 at 14:42, ender4 said:

Can we play Rogers and Ramsey in the same team without losing something elsewhere on the pitch?

The only winner of this - will be Aston Villa 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

SO pleased this thread has been bumped for this obvious BS!

You’re welcome 👍🏻

On 05/06/2024 at 08:42, Knutserov13 said:

I have a feeling he is (over time) gonna be developed into a CF. Can see him getting a few starts as a striker this season.

Thought about this too.

Is big and strong, can run, has decent feet, can find a pass and finish.

On 08/06/2024 at 20:52, Wezbid said:

When's he going to enter Patsy?

Morgan Roger's Patsy - already got the headline sorted for the Daily Star. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone know rodgers is a villa fan? Apparently kieran scott has confirmed this from boro.

Didnt know that

I thought he was an Albion fan

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I thought he was an Albion fan

From Click

Kieran Scott revisits Morgan Rogers' Middlesbrough to Aston Villa move

4 hrs ago

MIDDLESBROUGH FC

By Dominic Shaw@DomShawEchoSport Reporter

Aston Villa's former Middlesbrough forward Morgan Rogers (Image: PA)

THIS time last year Morgan Rogers faced an uncertain future.

Out of the picture at Manchester City and on the back of an indifferent loan spell at Blackpool, Rogers looked a long way from realising the potential that had made him one of the most in-demand youngsters in the country when he was turning heads as a schoolboy at West Brom.

Then Middlesbrough "took a punt". But even in the early stages of what proved to be a short stint at the Riverside, there were very few signs of what was around the corner for the gifted 21-year-old.

Rogers scored four goals and created three more in Boro's journey to the League Cup semi-finals and by the time the last four second leg clash at Chelsea came around, the forward's exit felt inevitable. His consolation goal at Stamford Bridge proved to be his Boro goodbye.

Now, six months on, Kieran Scott, head of football at the Riverside, has told how Boro did all they keep to keep Rogers on Teesside but in the end had to accept defeat - but only after striking a deal that pleased 

The deal eventually agreed was £8m up-front, potentially rising to between £15m and £16m in add-ons. Boro's coffers have already been boosted after one of those add-ons was triggered by Aston Villa's Champions League qualification.

"It was a really difficult one," said Scott, reflecting on Villa's surprise pursuit of Rogers and Boro's efforts to keep the forward.

"Morgan had made a big move to Man City when he was young and had aspirations to play there but it didn't work out. He ended up being a bit in between and we were the ones who took a punt and invested in him full time.

"He came in and you could see flashes of what he could be. He had some games where he was indifferent and then games when he was top class. That's what you get with young players. We played Aston Villa in the FA Cup and they witnessed him during a little golden patch where he was starting to put it together.

"They've obviously done their work preparing for us, saw him, liked him. I think Aston Villa were top of the league at that time and when a big club like that comes to the table, it was really difficult to bat it away. We tried. We didn't roll over. But in the end money talks, the boy is an Aston Villa fan, there's the salary that comes with it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone know rodgers is a villa fan? Apparently kieran scott has confirmed this from boro.

Didnt know that

Yes been stated numerous times after he signed and on commentary during games. He was at the Albion academy but that’s it in terms of affiliation to them.

Out of all the players Rogers is the one I'm looking forward to the most next season. Puts me in my mind of Yaya Toure with his physicality and driving runs. He hit the ground running so with a pre season it's gonna be beast mode for sure!

• Like 1

It was reported when we signed him that he was an Albion fan, and the fact he didn’t mention being a Villa fan when he signed makes me believe that more. Not that it overly bothers me, but it is always great to have Villa fans in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

It was reported when we signed him that he was an Albion fan, and the fact he didn’t mention being a Villa fan when he signed makes me believe that more. Not that it overly bothers me, but it is always great to have Villa fans in the squad. 

Yeah i agree - i thought he would have mentioned that when he first signed.

Even if he was a albion fan it dont bother me tbh as long as he does the business on the pitch thats all that matters

4 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Yes this is probably the case, we’d have heard it before now if he categorically was a villa fan. If he is from Halesowen he probably has family and friends who support villa so there might be some indirect connections between him and the club even if he was not a direct supporter himself

Â