It's Your Round

Honestly, I'm a more nervous about this one. MANC showed what we're capable of.  on our day, we can dominate anyone.  but i fear that we have not come far enough that we can expect that consistently.  If things aren't clicking as well, I fear we will get frustrated and heads will drop.

Also, someone please tell the lads, the only thing this referee calls is shirt pulling (blatant) and knocks below the waist.  So, don't grab a shirt.  And don't go down under body pressure.  if you are shielding tha ball you will get pushed over and no call.  Don't let that happen.  bend your knees and hold up to the body pushing.  Arsenal will play to the ref.  We should be smart and do the same.

• Like 1

The crowd is going to be x 2 what it was for City. There’s still genuine anger after what happened last season and then you have the Emery and Martinez sub plots.

Start with the same XI and then make the changes with 30 min to go. There’s something very unlikeable about this Arsenal team and I would love it - Kevin Keegan love it - if we manage to turn them over. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

Because we aren't in the title race. We'll have done exceptionally well if we finish fourth. 

I’m going to be pedantic.

But we’re in a title race, until we’re not.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

So what? We're not even halfway through the season yet. Teams start seasons well all the time. We need to be realistic about what we can achieve this season, win the conference league and finish fourth. Anyone sensible would bite your hand off for that. Title talk is laughable. 

Stopped reading here

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

So what? We're not even halfway through the season yet. Teams start seasons well all the time. We need to be realistic about what we can achieve this season, win the conference league and finish fourth. Anyone sensible would bite your hand off for that. Title talk is laughable. 

Non Villa YT football show was talking about title race before Spurs game and one guy said he thinks Villa will finish 2nd to shocked replies "seriously"? He said yeah Emery factor, one of best midfields in comp and decent bench

This feels absolutely huge. If we can back up the city game with another performance and win the noise about us will be loud. I really hope we have the energy levels. I say this every week, if McGinn is on it today we will win. 

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Non Villa YT football show was talking about title race before Spurs game and one guy said he thinks Villa will finish 2nd to shocked replies "seriously"? He said yeah Emery factor, one of best midfields in comp and decent bench

I think I heard that one too.  Saying Raya is a bit crumbly under pressure. Well Villa park will be like a cauldron tonight, so lets get at him early

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

I think I heard that one too.  Saying Raya is a bit crumbly under pressure. Well Villa park will be like a cauldron tonight, so lets get at him early

Raya is not that great at all and seems to be suffering with confidence Arsenal fans generally prefer Ramsdale apparently.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I wouldn't take a draw before kick off but equally if that ends the case it'll be a solid result indeed. Excited. Just hope the concern over emptying the tank loses out to the momentum argument. Hopefully it being another big game works in our favour

1 hour ago, Adman said:

I was watching the recent Newcastle v Man Utd game and the Newcastle fans were giving Onana a right roasting every time the ball went near him and you could see it was properly affecting him. We need to do the same for whoever is in goal for Arsenal today.