It's Your Round

Their forward line isn't overly physical so I'd drop Carlos and revert back to our usual back 4 with Cash coming in.

The rest of the team picks itself unless Unai sees someone is showing signs of fatigue in training yesterday/today.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2023 at 23:16, fightoffyour said:

Big 6 pointer in the title race, but these lot are shite - 3 goals conceded at Luton, lucky to get a win, couldn't handle set pieces.

We will dismantle them so bad Saka will go home crying to his mommy.

Lets get real....They are far from shite.....and will be another stern test for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

We are in the title race until we’re out of it. Beat Arsenal on Saturday and it will continue the momentum, and momentum is massive in football.

However, there’s still 60% of the season left and so much can change. We might get better? We might lose a few games in a row. It’s way too early to make any kind of judgement on how we’ll finish. Tomorrow’s game with Arsenal won’t decide our season. 

it won't....but if we lose we are 7 points adrift.

Anyway, I'm just hoping for top 4

20 hours ago, maqroll said:

This is the marquee late game and all eyes will be on Villa Park. Let's hope we play well, win lose or draw.

Lets win instead....or both like we did on Wednesday.

On 07/12/2023 at 00:59, maqroll said:

Would you bet against us?

I've no doubt we can beat Arsenal as well, but my concern is twofold-  they are currently better than Man City and our players just completely emptied the tank tonight. Can we apply ourselves just as intensely 3 days from now? 

There's going to be some changes to the starting 11, surely.

I'm guessing Diaby for Bailey, Moreno for Digne, Cash back in at RB and Konsa sits. 

many times we have seen us with a full weeks rest, lose to teams with a mid week game.....sometimes, momentum, focus, adrenaline works in your favour....too much rest can equally be disadvantageous.

Only the coaches will know, how much fuel is in the tank.

I think that confidence will still be in residue from midweek, and will serve us well.....but its a different game, with different opponents, we have to factor that in....it will require similar intensity to over come them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Maybe you should have chose a more less presumptuous name for the thread then.

I'm just saying. 

I was going to call it ‘Arsenal’s Cup Final’, but thought that demeans our part in it. 

It should perhaps just be ‘A Big Title Clash’, since we will hopefully have a few more of them to come. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get what you mean, but I reckon they will be so fired up on Adrenaline it may nullify the fatigue/pain factor.

Had we lost to City, maybe not so much, however this game has now become monumental due to what a win would potentially mean.

The fans will also be in outstanding form I can imagine.

Yeah that's what I was getting at - for anything physical removed it'll have been replaced double with belief, and will fire them to new heights (imo).

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Arsenal ate not as good as they seem. Have pretty much struggled to get the wins in most games including Luton. 

We need to watch out for that late goal.

Emi needs to wear a jersey with a hood, so he can catch the ball off the bar.

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lets get real....They are far from shite.....and will be another stern test for us.

Absolutely! Really good teams never take the opposition for granted, regardless of who it may be. 

Remember Stevenage? 

They will be up for this just as much as we were up for Citeh.

• Like 1

It is great just to be talked about being in the mix  at the top of the league. Looking forward to another cracking night under the lights at Villa Park. The boys have done us proud so far this season. 

Need a good rest up today and go again tomorrow. I think that applies for both players and fans! Brillant time to be a Villa fan.

We have to be vigilant at the back post.

they are past masters of scoring at the back post.

those little chips in from Saka and Martinelli, need to be shut down.