It's Your Round

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don’t think Cash even gets in our own starting 11 anymore 😬

I had a feeling he'd start to get left out now, don't think UE liked his first half performance at Spurs at all. Regardless of the debate of the tackle on Bentancur it was a very undisciplined performance from him.

This is where UE is quietly ruthless, Cash will have to wait a few more weeks to start for us in the prem I think.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Now… this does raise a question, is this a big enough game for me to break out my unbeaten villa shirt? It’s something like 16 games 0 losses… but I don’t want to waste its magic on just any old game…?

Do your duty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Now… this does raise a question, is this a big enough game for me to break out my unbeaten villa shirt? It’s something like 16 games 0 losses… but I don’t want to waste its magic on just any old game…?

What’s the last game you got it out for? 

Let’s all try to remember we are a work in progress. Every performance will be slightly less than what we saw on Wednesday. 

I’ve no doubt Arsenal will cause us problems and but we will give as good as we get. All about the moments at both ends of the pitch. I’m sure Emi won’t need any pep talks before this one. 

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

2-2, with Zak Knight getting a last minute equaliser.

We battered them that day. Can remember Sagna making an amazing clearance off the goalline at 0-0 and we also hit the post. They scored two goals against the run of play but we kept believing and got a great point.

The next month however they signed Arshavin and we signed Heskey and eventually they reeled us in given we were 6-7 points clear of Arsenal going into March.

A missed opportunity that season as it was one of the weaker regular 11s they had under Wenger and arguably our strongest one in prem from end of 90s up to this season.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think this one is going to be harder....their midfield will be more testing than City.

Yep, Rice and Odegaard are world class players in their respective positions. That's a step up from Man. City without Rodri and De Bruyne for sure.

Question is does Arteta go with Havertz as the other CM or does he play safer and stick Jorginho in who can pass for fun but is slow getting back out of possession. That's where we can exploit them on top of set plays which they were very weak against Luton.

We just need to come out with a quick tempo which we're very good at doing at VP these days, wonder if it might be one of those nights where we choose to attack the Holte first half? Arsenal might do that for us if they win the toss.

• Like 1

EZ win, probably about 10 nil or summat.

Arsenal have got too big for their boots and they're soft as shite.

The only players I'd have over ours are Saka and Rice, and even that's a close run thing.

Plus they haven't got the big baby on the side of the pitch, bitchin an moaning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just looking at their recent away games. Got lucky at Luton  , won 1 nil at Brentford , then lost at Newcastle and West Ham . Not overly convincing coming to Villa park is it. Providing we turn up I fancy us now on the day of the game. 

Win this to cement our place in the top 4 then win the FA Cup and the Europa Conference for a truly amazing season! We can sweep the board next season! UTV!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1