It's Your Round

I think the only players who definitely get in our side from Arsenal are Saka, Odegaard, Saliba and Rice (although Kamara is pretty damn good and actually not a million miles off Rice IMHO). On our side I think Martinez, Luiz, Pau Torres and Watkins definitely get in theirs.

Other positions are more debatable and you’d probably just favour Arsenal maybe by 6 to 5 but I don’t think there’s too much in it. And I definitely think Emery is a better manager than Arteta. 

Arsenal are a very good team but so are we. They’re just delusional and think we’re overachieving because we’ve been so poor last few seasons when in reality we are up there on merit. Maybe they didn’t see our match against City on Wednesday, injuries or not no side has dominated a Manchester City team like that under Pep ever, fact.

This is going to be an incredibly difficult game, one because Arsenal are a very good team, and also because that win against Manchster City will have taken a lot out of the players, will be hard to follow up a game like that, I watched Newcastle struggle against Everton after playing very well against Man Utd, we have to be careful not to suffer the same dismal fate, with selection I think Emery in difficult position, on the one hand it's hard to drop any of the starting eleven from Wednesday but also it might be wise to make some changes to avoid tiredness, we're lucky that we have a bunch of top players we can bring in, Moreno, Cash, Ramsey, Diaby, if it's what Emery decides to do.

We've already done way better than I was expecting in the current spell of fixtures, so feeling somewhat chillaxmassy about this one, not exactly a 'free hit', but if we do lose, not the end of the world.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think the only players who definitely get in our side from Arsenal are Saka, Odegaard, Saliba and Rice (although Kamara is pretty damn good and actually not a million miles off Rice IMHO). On our side I think Martinez, Luiz, Pau Torres and Watkins definitely get in theirs.

Other positions are more debatable and you’d probably just favour Arsenal maybe by 6 to 5 but I don’t think there’s too much in it. And I definitely think Emery is a better manager than Arteta. 

Arsenal are a very good team but so are we. They’re just delusional and think we’re overachieving because we’ve been so poor last few seasons when in reality we are up there on merit. Maybe they didn’t see our match against City on Wednesday, injuries or not no side has dominated a Manchester City team like that under Pep ever, fact.

Arsenal would justifiably counter they comfortably exceeded 80 points last season, will likely do the same again this year so while we're doing very well we need to do that ourselves before saying only a couple of theirs would get in a combined 11.

Of course with their squad they actually need to win something themselves this season, pressure back on them now after the Liverpool win so interesting how the react to that as this will be one of their most difficult aways left in the season.

I watched them at Newcastle and amongst all the debate about the dodgy goal it got a bit lost they didn't actually create that much so sure UE has watched the tapes and seen the positions Newcastle took up defensively off the ball and related it to our guys. 

I'll be leaving shortly but funny how expectations can change. I was very optimistic on Wednesday evening we could get something.... anything from the game. I'm a little more nervous about today given the weight and expectation that has been put on us prior to the game from everywhere. Hopefully the players are in another mindset and play with the confidence they've been showing because there is no reason we can't win this at VP and steamroller them in the process.

Everyone in attendance needs to put the same energy into today as they did Weds night and push our boys on to 3 points. Make it happen Villans. UTV!  

• Like 1

Looking at Arsenal's results so far,  I think they've had a very favourable start to the season, especially away from home. They haven't played any team in the current top six away from The Emirates so far. And they've played seven of the bottom ten away. So you could say that besides Newcastle they've been pretty fortunate with the away fixtures. This is arguably their toughest test so far. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh when he’s on his game he is unique. Ain’t nobody stopping him!

He was unstoppable n untouchable against City… they simply could not handle him.

Unai has transformed him into one of the best players in the league! 😮

We made their players look ordinary… 

Has really stepped up to that captaincy role this season, on n off the pitch 👏 

Wow