It's Your Round

I get the feeling that the setup he applied against Bournemouth both wasn't for that game, and wasn't a good match up against Bournemouth. It was a warm up for the true test against City. It just shows that Unai is miles ahead of everyone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I get the feeling that the setup he applied against Bournemouth both wasn't for that game, and wasn't a good match up against Bournemouth. It was a warm up for the true test against City. It just shows that Unai is miles ahead of everyone.

Yes though in that case he messed up a bit because he knew it wasn't right for Bournemouth and played it anyway dropping 2 points. He could have played the best team for Bournemouth and we might have ended up with 4 points anyway, a win at Bournemouth and a draw against Man City.

Maybe he thought we were strong enough to beat Bournemouth even without playing the best team, tactics, formation for that match.

That 4-2 home defeat against Arsenal still hurts. He said the players forgot to control the game. I think he's got a surprise plan up his sleeve. And we at least dont get to see that odious prick Arteta and his little man syndrome attitude on the touchline.

Edited by stewiek2

Arsenal have won all 6 of their last 6 games. They are on an amazing run of form.  

Meanwhile, we have won 14 league games in a row at home. 

Anything could happen, but i think 1-1.  TBH, i'd take a draw right now.

Wednesday night was a huge effort, will have taken a chunk out of us. But I can't help dwelling on what the performance and result has put into us.

And fair to say Unai has been waiting for tomorrow's game since the whistle blew on the last one.

It's going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

Wednesday night was a huge effort, will have taken a chunk out of us. But I can't help dwelling on what the performance and result has put into us.

And fair to say Unai has been waiting for tomorrow's game since the whistle blew on the last one.

It's going to be interesting. 

I get what you mean, but I reckon they will be so fired up on Adrenaline it may nullify the fatigue/pain factor.

Had we lost to City, maybe not so much, however this game has now become monumental due to what a win would potentially mean.

The fans will also be in outstanding form I can imagine.

• Like 2

We are in the title race until we’re out of it. Beat Arsenal on Saturday and it will continue the momentum, and momentum is massive in football.

However, there’s still 60% of the season left and so much can change. We might get better? We might lose a few games in a row. It’s way too early to make any kind of judgement on how we’ll finish. Tomorrow’s game with Arsenal won’t decide our season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get what you mean, but I reckon they will be so fired up on Adrenaline it may nullify the fatigue/pain factor.

Had we lost to City, maybe not so much, however this game has now become monumental due to what a win would potentially mean.

The fans will also be in outstanding form I can imagine.

5.30 kick off, plenty of time for some refreshments before hand

Here’s my two pence worth . I think there’s a high chance we’ll have an hangover from Wednesday night. Not saying we won’t turn up but I think there’s a chance  we’ll be a bit drained. Would not surprise me if we experience the high of Wednesday along with the low of losing our home record within a week . I’d snap your hand off with a draw but even if we did lose it takes nothing away from Wednesday night . Prove me wrong Villa.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

way too early to make any kind of judgement on how we’ll finish. Tomorrow’s game with Arsenal won’t decide our season

Maybe you should have chose a more less presumptuous name for the thread then.

I'm just saying. 

• Haha 1