It's Your Round

11 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wonderful Villan, wonderful Brummy, wonderful man amd now a Holte Ender in the Sky to give a cultured voice to all the other HEITS RIP Benjamin, you are truly one of our own, one of the only proper Brummies on Peaky Blinders too! Bless you Benjamin Zephaniah. UTV!!!!!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'll bring realistic.

We are in the title race with Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Will we win it, probably not, but as things are, we are in the race.

We’re in the title race, I’ll just let that sink in for a minute or two, would you bet against us? The doubts in the Arsenal dressing room will  come flooding back after last season, let’s put them under the cosh right from the off. UTV!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I can’t shake this feeling that we’re going to smash Arsenal tonight. I feel like the players and the fans realise this is our moment now and something special is happening. Probably lose now but I wouldn’t be shocked if we steamroller them

• Like 2

Wasn't going to watch this as me and the Mrs had planned to go to our local Christmas Market. Unfortunately we are both full of cold (boo!) Which means we are staying in woohoo! 

I'm going to get smacked up on lemsip and live the dream! 

Oh and f** it, 3-2 villa! 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Should I wear my lucky Villa boxers again on Saturday given that they are already soiled from Wednesday?

Now… this does raise a question, is this a big enough game for me to break out my unbeaten villa shirt? It’s something like 16 games 0 losses… but I don’t want to waste its magic on just any old game…?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why would you put your worst referee in your biggest game?

We're going to get stitched up here.

I heard he was quite sharp...."thats the best a man can get"

I'll get my coat.

• Haha 1

Just looking at their recent away games. Got lucky at Luton  , won 1 nil at Brentford , then lost at Newcastle and West Ham . Not overly convincing coming to Villa park is it. Providing we turn up I fancy us now on the day of the game. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Now… this does raise a question, is this a big enough game for me to break out my unbeaten villa shirt? It’s something like 16 games 0 losses… but I don’t want to waste its magic on just any old game…?

Yeah get your kit on for the lads!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you were picking a combined 11 then I think Villa players fill around half that team.  We also have a better manager. You then factor in that we are at home where we are on an unbelievable run and the fact the atmosphere will be unreal then I can't see anything other than a win for us. 3-1 to Villa. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Today is the day if you didn’t wear it on Wednesday! I’m going with my lucky Villa Christmas jumper today

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picicata said:

I was watching the recent Newcastle v Man Utd game and the Newcastle fans were giving Onana a right roasting every time the ball went near him and you could see it was properly affecting him. We need to do the same for whoever is in goal for Arsenal today.

Loads of stick every time he picks the ball out of the net!

45 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If you were picking a combined 11 then I think Villa players fill around half that team.  We also have a better manager. You then factor in that we are at home where we are on an unbelievable run and the fact the atmosphere will be unreal then I can't see anything other than a win for us. 3-1 to Villa. 

• Like 1

Saliba has to be in any combined team, he's simply one of the best young CBs in world football and should be starting for France in the euros.

If you move Kons to RB then it's a close call between him and Ben White. Similar between Gabriel and Pau.

SJM in the front three ahead of Martinelli, interesting!

Arsenal got 84 points last season and will probably finish on similar number this season so no bad thing we have 4-5 in form who'd get into a combined 11.

• Like 1