It's Your Round

Just now, DJBOB said:

I'm already in fear of the high line we will play.

The difference between City and Arsenal is that Arsenal will have plenty of passers (Odegaard, Rice, Saliba, Zenchenko) to hit their runners in behind whereas City was trying to use Akanji and Stones with no runners except for Haaland in behind.

Don't be scared. Tough tough game but we are not going to give up our VP  record without a huge fight. Win lose or draw i cannot be scared any more after last night. We are on the right path

• Like 2

I would honestly start the same eleven that started last night. How can we possibly change/rotate any of them if all fit after that performance? They’ll all be raring to go again I imagine. Hell, it’ll be like holding them back.

I fully understand fatigue plays a big part in the modern game but it’s not like we’re asking another full 90 minutes out of all of them?

We can make good changes throughout the game with Cash, Ramsey, Moreno, Diaby, Duran chomping at the bit.

Very, very tough opponent for sure, but boy our confidence should be sky high and a roaring crowd under the lights helps of course.

The irony is Mister attack attack attack LEGO "small man syndrome toys out pram" Pep Arteta's Arsenal are playing more defensive football and the so-called too defensive ©AFTV Don Unai's Villa are playing gloriously attacking football.

After what we done to City last night, there's no reason we can't give it a very good go again. Will we be able to pull off a performance to the standards of that again just 3 days later? I'm not so sure personally. 

This will be a far tougher test than City, which is a bit mad to say. Being at home though we can go toe to toe with anyone, should be a great game. 

5 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't know. Will we be shattered? Our previous games we had taken it so easy. Newcastle play at that intensity every single game. We have played like that maybe twice this season . Everyone seems so fit and full of energy  . We should also not dismiss what our support did last night. That level of backing gave them so much adrenaline i reckon. 

If only they had a World Cup winning goalkeeper in their squad.

19 hours ago, maqroll said:

Would you bet against us?

I've no doubt we can beat Arsenal as well, but my concern is twofold-  they are currently better than Man City and our players just completely emptied the tank tonight. Can we apply ourselves just as intensely 3 days from now? 

There's going to be some changes to the starting 11, surely.

I'm guessing Diaby for Bailey, Moreno for Digne, Cash back in at RB and Konsa sits. 

Konsa got his rest against Bournemouth. I'm guessing Cash at RB and Konsa back to CB for Diego.

Hard to sit Bailey after the City match, but he looked pretty fatigued at the end, so I agree with you on that one.

Digne needs the rest so I probably agree that Unai will go with Moreno, but given the Saka threat, you can't rule out that he goes with Digne who doesn't go forward as far.

I think this will be our biggest test so far but if we play our A game we can win. This has added spice as my Son is coming with me and he’s an Arsenal fan, although he has a soft spot for Villa. 

We'll score I'm sure of it. Arteta must be seriously tempted to stick Ramsdale back in as Raya was at fault for two of the goals they conceded at Luton.

As said above they'll be much harder to defend against than Man. City as Odegaard is a wonderful technician with the ball and they'll have far more threat out wide and Saka and Martinelli will actually stay out wide as opposed to cutting inside as Man. City constantly did. 

I think we'll be unchanged unless anyone is fatigued or carrying a knock. Bailey was brilliant so easy to keep him in and Tielemans pressed very well and then used the ball intelligently and slotted some nice ones through for the forwards, we'll need all that on Saturday. Konsa v Martinelli makes sense aswell.

An entertaining 2-2 which both teams will be reasonably happy with I think.

On 06/12/2023 at 22:39, tinker said:

We owe em one from last season. UTV 

We owe em alot f**king more son 😂 beat them once at villa park in 25 bloody years i think we need to give em a few batterings in years to come to balance that out

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We owe em alot f**king more son 😂 beat them once at villa park in 25 bloody years i think we need to give em a few batterings in years to come to balance that out

And may I just say? I appreciate the subtlety of your comment. 😉😁

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, DJBOB said:

As good as we were against City, some of the limited availability mean that Pep started 4 CB's and 2 FB's - and two wingers who aren't that fast.

No matter how well coached they are, those skills don't match for beating our press.

Sorry, not having this. Sure, some great players out, but Pep had Kovacic, Phillips, Bobb, Nunes on the bench - all midfielders/attacking midfielders who cost more than our four-man midfield put together - some of them far more than twice as much. If he doesn’t trust them and plays two extra CBs in midfield instead, that’s his bad management not limited availability. 

But agree, this will be a very different game.

• Like 1

Will be a lot tougher than Citeh.

That being said Luton scored 3 times against them so there is no way we should feel scared about them.

Go at them from the start like against Citeh and see how they responds.

• Like 1