ender4

Real lack of cover at the back as things stand, this kind of fixture run at the moment makes it feel like it would have been handy to hang onto Young. Out of everyone it feels like Konsa and Digne would be most in need of a rest given they've played nearly every minute so far this season, so I'd be interested in seeing something like:

Olsen

Cash-Chambers-Lenglet-Torres

Bailey-Dendoncker-Tielemans-Ramsey

Zaniolo-Duran

Would be a chance to move Chambers in-field after how uncomfortable he looked vs Legia at right back and another chance to experiment with Torres playing on the left side as he did once or twice in pre-season. Think Dendoncker and Tielemans are good midfield rotation for games like this and it's an ideal way to get more minutes into the legs of Ramsey and Zaniolo.

Edited by Indigo

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Got a feeling its going to be a very annoying 1-0 loss

Id go strong fet a good lead then make changes at ht

Id like to see how strong Everton go i think they will go strong

It's Everton, they can't go strong even if they try.

would be borderline irresponsible of Dyche to field anywhere near a strong team for this. If I were him I would absolutely take the hit, get out of the competition and focus on league survival which is absolutely paramount for Everton in their current state.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

would be borderline irresponsible of Dyche to field anywhere near a strong team for this. If I were him I would absolutely take the hit, get out of the competition and focus on league survival which is absolutely paramount for Everton in their current state.

Would it though? They aren't playing in Europe, this is their only other competition outside of the league until January. If they win this it is only 4 games to get to the final, all over 90 minutes and no extra time. We were in a similar position under Deano in our first year back up and managed to get to the final. Ok we lost to City but it added to the campaign.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get that, I think we might well though, Emery tends to persist. 

I think he had a bad game against Warsaw, I don't think he'll ever be a great right back, but I think he's a bit better than that showing.

I think the game will be decided by what sort of team Everton play - I think if Dyche goes full strength to try to kick start the season, then we'll be in trouble.

Chambers vs Dwight McNeil 👀

On 25/09/2023 at 20:04, AvfcRigo82 said:

We probably won't, but I would go with:

Olsen

Cash Chambers Lenglet Moreno

Tielemans  Dendonkey

Traoré              Zaniolo           Ramsey

Duran

Christ! I hope you're wrong :)  That's much too weak for me.

• Like 1

The only issues with full rotation really are the injuries and the fact that Olsen and Chambers will be starting. Olsen is still a decent shot stopper and Chambers has been mostly alright for us over his time here. I'd start both of them and start the healing process myself. Question for me is who starts alongside Lenglet at CB and who covers LB with Moreno, Mings and Carlos all out.

They are coming off the back of a rare away win and are likely to give us problems if we rest players and they don't. I'm hoping that we keep any changes to a minimum and look at giving players a rest in the second half, when we have put ourselves in a commanding position. It would be nice to be going into the knock out games of the Conference League, as League Cup holders and already qualified for Europe next season. All we need is a run of good cup draws (surely we are owed that) and to not treat any opponent too lightly in this competition. Come on Villa, it has been too long since our name was again written on this trophy. 

Surely Everton are going to rotate. If you are Dyche what is going to get you the sack- losing in this cup by playing a weakened side away, or by losing to luton on the weekend. Who rotated themselves knowing how important it is. 

Everton need to get points at luton and Bournemouth these next two games to nail any sort of fear of being in a relegation battle, as after that I dont see them winning any of the next 5 (maybe palace away).

Anyways I see Olsen in goal and big rotation for this one ahead.

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

Christ! I hope you're wrong :)  That's much too weak for me.

I absolutely agree with you it is.

My rationale behind it is keeping one eye on the tough game at the weekend against Brighton whilst keeping as many of our strongest legs as fresh as possible for that game.

It's no disrespect to the cup either, it just so happens we also have a tough game on Thursday in ECL too, so alot of games in quick succession.

That being said, it gives these other players a chance to show what they can do and the whole squad rotation thingy. We should be able to count on them to put in a performance whenever called upon. (Wishful thinking).

If that plan doesn't work out then throw on some of the big guns to ensure we get the result. :D

(Either that or we start with a strong team to try and see the game off quickly, then bring on all the fringe players once the job is done?)

Edited by AvfcRigo82