ender4

I think there are a few players who we need to be rested for this one after Poland, London trips. I’d be trying to figure be a way to rest Konsa, Digne, Kamara and even McGinn. Not sure how Digne can be rested now Moreno is out again. 

Maybe this:

Emi

Cash Lenglet Pau Digne 

Luiz Tielemans

Bailey Zaniolo Ramsey

Duran 

11 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

It'll be a full strength starting lineup I would hope. Unai has talked about the importance of winning cups. This is a knockout match so we shouldn't be risking it with a second string side like the one in Poland.

Absolutely zero chance of the team being anywhere even resembling full strength ….and nor will Everton play full strength either. 

57 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

It'll be a full strength starting lineup I would hope. Unai has talked about the importance of winning cups. This is a knockout match so we shouldn't be risking it with a second string side like the one in Poland.

Rather us head out the domestic cups and focus on the ECL which is actually winnable.

We won't be beating City should we get them in the final of FA/League cup anyway.

Could do without the extra fixtures they will kill us.

Edited by AshVilla

18 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Something like:

Emi

Cash Konsa Lenglet Digne

Zaniolo Tielemanns Dendonker Ramsey

Bailey Duran

Rest Luiz, McGinn, Pau, Kamara, Watkins and Diaby. Can see him playing Olsen and Chambers over Konsa and Emi though. 

I'd be surprised is Olsen didn't start this. Pretty much agree with the rest of the XI though.

• Like 3

Typical, we get Everton just after their best result (and presumably performance ...) of the season.  Obviously we should have enough to beat them but it depends on how strong both sides decide to go. Maybe Everton will focus on the league and give us a B team? I can't imagine Emery will ever go soft in a cup.

Schedule's a bit shit though. Going from a Sunday afternoon to a Tuesday kick off and then to an early Saturday game. It's about as bad as they can make it for us, so a little rotation may well happen. Luckily the likes of Ramsey, Duran and Carlos may be able to ease the congestion a bit.

3-1 Villa.

EDIT : It's also nice to have 3 quickfire home games in a row now along with Brighton and Mostar.

I think he should play similar set-up as Legia, but start by replacing Chambers OR Lenglet with a more recently Villa-experienced hand, then ease the newbie back in. 

Martinez

Chambers   Konsa   Torres   Moreno

Dendonker   Tielemans

Bailey          McGinn         Ramsey

Duran

For sure rest Kamara and Cash only -- everyone else should be ready to be subbed in.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Rather us head out the domestic cups and focus on the ECL which is actually winnable.

We won't be beating City should we get them in the final of FA/League cup anyway.

Could do without the extra fixtures they will kill us.

I hear you, but ... nope. No chance on earth that Emery doesn't take this match seriously. Just not in his nature.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Brighton Saturday morning will be the main priority

It should be enough to beat Everton and Digne needs a rest and apparently Bailey has played wing back before       

Olsen

Chamber Torres Lenglet

Cash.                                     Bailey

Dendoncker Tielemans

Zaniolo.                                     Ramsey

Duran

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brighton Saturday morning will be the main priority

As it should be but we can still be in this to win it, after all we do have a fine record in this competition. I thought we could have beat United last season if it wasn't for the unnecessary substitutions, however we have a much better squad now, so there can't be any excuses for not progressing to the next round.