ender4

11 hours ago, smg said:

Isn’t it about time we gave it a rest with these type of comments. I get it that a lot of fans can’t stand him but he is our second choice until January at the earliest, clearly rated by our manager and coaches and has shown signs of improvement and more consistency recently. Time for some support from our ‘supporters’ perhaps?

Yes we ought but I've changed my outlook on whether he should start tomorrow. I don't think we can risk losing this match. Olsen deserves respect, but I say sub should we get into a winning position Wednesday evening, not out of hostility but prudence.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

If we are going to compete on all fronts this season then the fringe players have to get more minutes. An evening game at home is a much more favourable atmosphere than away in Poland which should help settle any nerves. Everton played OK at the weekend but Brentford were SO. BAD. Dyche will do a fair bit of rotating because the game against Luton is a must win for them. I reckon we will go:

Olsen

Chambers Konsa Lenglet Digne

Bailey Donk Tielemans Ramsey

Kellyman

Duran

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1

I've changed my mind from a couple days ago ... I think we need to start strong. The twin ideas of "resting" uninjured players and "giving a chance" to new squadies seem dubious to me. We mustn't let this one slip through our fingers. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" and all that -- i don't want another stevenage or legia. Maybe Ollie for Duran even.

V.everton.jpg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Got a feeling its going to be a very annoying 1-0 loss

Id go strong fet a good lead then make changes at ht

Id like to see how strong Everton go i think they will go strong

Do you ever feel we're going to a win a game beforehand?

3 more PL teams out tonight. city can't win it. we have a real chance of winning this competition. i know we'll make changes, but i'll be pissed if they're wholesale and really don't want to see olsen and/or chambers

i'd rather win tomorrow and lose saturday to be honest

• Like 1

13 hours ago, romavillan said:

Wow, who knew I'm not a proper supporter. Soz then, just I've watched Olsen for Roma as well. When I was saying 'oh God no Heskey on the wing' was I not a proper supporter then as well?

Wow a victim , never said you weren’t a proper supporter but these kind of comments achieve nothing.

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

If we are going to compete on all fronts this season then the fringe players have to get more minutes.

I was saying that until yesterday then I was like not really it's sort of something i just made up in my head 

more minutes isn't that what trainings for?

3 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

If we are going to compete on all fronts this season then the fringe players have to get more minutes. An evening game at home is a much more favourable atmosphere than away in Poland which should help settle any nerves. Everton played OK at the weekend but Brentford were SO. BAD. Dyche will do a fair bit of rotating because the game against Luton is a must win for them. I reckon we will go:

Olsen

Chambers Konsa Lenglet Digne

Bailey Donk Tielemans Ramsey

Kellyman

Duran

Wouldn’t wanna see Chambers at FB again. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, striker said:

I get that, I think we might well though, Emery tends to persist. 

I think he had a bad game against Warsaw, I don't think he'll ever be a great right back, but I think he's a bit better than that showing.

I think the game will be decided by what sort of team Everton play - I think if Dyche goes full strength to try to kick start the season, then we'll be in trouble.

• Like 2

Looking for our first cup win under Unai which seems weird to say...

Hopefully lessons learned from rotating too much; id like us to continue our impressive record against Everton, who will be buoyant after a decent showing at Brentford.

Can see this being a draw and decided on pens. If Emi is rested, could be handy just to bring him on in the 90th minute to psyche out the opposition. 

6 hours ago, striker said:

Me neither. But I think that's how Emery will line the team up. Ideally we would have a proper right back to come in for Cash, but currently we don't and plan B (Konsa at RB) isn't an option until Carlos is fit. 

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he had a bad game against Warsaw, I don't think he'll ever be a great right back, but I think he's a bit better than that showing.

I think the game will be decided by what sort of team Everton play - I think if Dyche goes full strength to try to kick start the season, then we'll be in trouble.

Dyche will probably play McNeill at left wing and he's not the paciest attacker so probably an easier test for Chambers as it would be more about blocking crosses than worrying about getting skinned. 

7 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Am I missing something here?

Unless you've got the EFL Trophy (and therefore PL U21 teams) mixed up with the League Cup?

one of the rounds clashes with the world club cup so it's going to be the same as when liverpool had to field the kids against us

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get that, I think we might well though, Emery tends to persist. 

they're at home to luton at the weekend so shouldn't need to rotate too much here

• Like 1