January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

13 hours ago, sne said:

OK. Here is my semi-realistic shopping list for January if I were playing real life football manager. Will be really difficult to find better value for money out there but obviously there is nothing to say we could beat the competition for their signatures.

• Nico Williams €47m release clause (LW)
  • Arnau Martinez €20m release clause (RB)
  • Serhou Guirassy €17.5m release clause (FW)

Since I'd also love some Swedish talent at Villa I'd like us to bring in 2 of our brightest youngsters in:

• Lucas Bergvall 17 y.o CM who already has a full season of top flight football and has been called up to the national side for the January camp. He's from that Brommapojkarna 2006 youth team that destroyed every other club in the world until they got split up.

• Roony Barghji 18 y.o RW/ACM who's already a regular starter for FCK and playing in the CL. Also been called up for the national side for January.

Obviously it won't happen but one can dream.

Martinez has a huge future ahead of him. I don't know if he leaves when they are still in the title chase. Great shout though. 

13 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'd be surprised if we signed anyone in January.

I'd be amazed if we didn't considering our position. At least a right back.
Now is the time to double down. Our stock is through the roof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Performances like that will drive revenue, we’re more attractive to partners, sponsors, tv, etc. 

I’d be surprised if the club didn’t give Emery at least a couple of new players in January as a show of faith gesture as he’s working wonders at present.

will be an exciting window and rest of the season. 

A real quality second striker would be top of my list. I appreicate Watkins is crucial to the way we play but there are certain games where he's totally ineffective. Not certain if that is the opposition teams tactics nullifying him or certain defenders just know how to handle him but a quality sub or bit of rotation would be great.

Maybe a right back, Wan-Bissaka i think would totally suit out style of play.

Performances like that coupled with our league position could help to get a champions league level player over the line in Jan.

If elite players that we have already identified show interest in the move I’m convinced that we will make it happen. You just couldn’t take the risk that they would be available again in the summer. 

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Solanke is in a purple patch of form for goals. He's not what we need. Not good enough for what we aspire to be. 

West Ham want him and think he'll end up there and be a "nearly but not quite" CF under Moyes. Or maybe a squad player at somewhere like Newcastle as Howe signed him for Bournemouth.

Have to think we're going to be a really exciting prospect for any out of favour forward with CL club. Given the Sevilla connection wouldn't shock me if we went in for En-Nesyri. He's still 26, CL experience and has a decent enough scoring record in La Liga. He'd score a few from the cross Diaby produced at Bournemouth.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham want him and think he'll end up there and be a "nearly but not quite" CF under Moyes. Or maybe a squad player at somewhere like Newcastle as Howe signed him for Bournemouth.

Have to think we're going to be a really exciting prospect for any out of favour forward with CL club. Given the Sevilla connection wouldn't shock me if we went in for En-Nesyri. He's still 26, CL experience and has a decent enough scoring record in La Liga. He'd score a few from the cross Diaby produced at Bournemouth.

Solanke is a good backup to Ollie, but not on his level.