January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Could Gauci be Dibu's replacement come summer and Dibu the big shock exit? We'd get huge money and a similar replacement for just £1m?! Gauci looks to have similar traits and is just 23, which isn't too young for a keeper?

Hope I'm wrong and Gauci is coming in as number 2, but I've just got a cut feeling Emi could be the FFP forced exit.

No

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Could Gauci be Dibu's replacement come summer and Dibu the big shock exit? We'd get huge money and a similar replacement for just £1m?! Gauci looks to have similar traits and is just 23, which isn't too young for a keeper?

Hope I'm wrong and Gauci is coming in as number 2, but I've just got a cut feeling Emi could be the FFP forced exit.

No he won't be

Emi doesnt get sold. Under any circumstances.  Gauci has been playing league 1/2 level football. So has Sinisalo who is also an international. 

Gauci has big potential but will still have loads to learn.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I don't think so.

He is literally the best and most famous goalkeeper in the world.

If we sell him, I expect us to get minimum £75m and I doubt anyone would pay that. Teams don't have that money in general.

On 12/01/2024 at 14:43, Daulmakan said:

Up to speed would require compensating his form for the past two years, where he has played little or nothing at all. Even more, it would require for him to have a fire to WANT to regain that form. I've seen the few games he played at City and he sucked in 100% of them, and the last thing it seemed is that he was hungry to challenge any of his companion's positions.

So, even if he were to seriously reduce his pretended wages (I doubt that), I'd rather Villa avoided him. Also, I doubt he'd be able to challenge Kamara at all: City is worse whenever he plays, Villa is worse whenever Kamara doesn't play.

West Ham are 0-1-1 since Kalvin Phillips' arrival (check out Bournemouth's goal, lol).

Just sayin'.

Edited by Daulmakan
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2024 at 04:32, MWARLEY2 said:

Gauci has been playing league 1/2 level football.

That's generous. Wellington Phoenix club legend is still Paul Ifill from years ago. I've posted elsewhere not followed Adelaide this season as only really check Phoenix results but they're 8th in 12 team league and conceded 28 goals in 15

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2024 at 15:15, stewiek2 said:

Villa have done some truly strange business over the years, but replacing the best goalkeeper in the world with an unproven 23-year-old from the Australian league would really take the biscuit.

Hell no.

Edited by est1874

On 04/02/2024 at 02:02, MWARLEY2 said:

Emi doesnt get sold. Under any circumstances.  Gauci has been playing league 1/2 level football. So has Sinisalo who is also an international. 

Gauci has big potential but will still have loads to learn.

Thats an incredibly generous view of the a league. The a league is a garbage league even by regional standards. A league is weaker than the j league, k league, Saudi league (before the big money) and even arguably the Chinese league. 

There is no way Gauci is ready to be a PL starter, he hasn't even been able to push Mat Ryan (from AZ Alkmaar) out of the number 1 spot in the national team. 

(I say this even with my Adelaide fan tinted glasses on) 

I'm thrilled he's joining Villa but he's not replacing emi any time soon