• Olsen (Martínez 45)
    • Tielemans (Kamara 67)
    • Durán (Bailey 69)
    • Traoré (Watkins 69)
    • Cash (Konsa 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 22:59

I haven’t seen the first half, so will watch it back later. I am glad to see we put out a strong team for this one though, it means the job done and we can have luxury of rotating the squad a little more in the second leg now.

On a side note, it is good to see Ollie get off the mark for the season. Hopefully he will go on from here and bang a few league goals in.

Professional job.

Turned out easier than I expected. Was glad we went with a strong lineup and we were able to cruise through the game. In his interview Unai said how important it was to take Hibs seriously and get to the group stage.

Good performance by Digne. Ollies opener was the toughest chance and then missed a couple of other good chances, let hope it boosts his confidence.

Torres and Diego will benefit from a competitive game together. Looked a little uneasy at times.

Good to see Bertie and Duran coming on and giving Ollie a rest. 

A tougher game on Sunday but we have an extra 24 hours to recover now.

well done lads. UTV

• Like 1

We can afford to rest some players i mean if we lose 2nd leg by 5 or more we dont deserve to be in this cup

Excellent performance.  You could see the difference in class. Digne motm. Bailey and ollie had great games

I was chuffed when I saw the line up, got the tie over in the first leg. Digne just like against Everton put some fantastic crosses in, and Ollie will now be full of confidence for the next game.

Onwards and upwards, this manager is taking us places we could have only dreamt about a year ago.

• Like 1

Did what you would expect us to do against a very poor team,

The gulf in ability is massive, We never really got out of first gear.

MOM Digne. We would be mad to let him go; he gives us something different to Morena.

Watkins was excellent. We will need better backups/competition for him than Duran, who should really be out on loan.

We can look forward to the group stages now and rest players next week. We showed Hibs appropriate respect tonight, by picking such a strong team. We would have been too good for a lot of teams tonight and this result will have alarm bells going off all over Europe, with potential opponents wanting to avoid us in the group. Nice to see Des before the game as well see the Scottish Cafu on pundit duty and to hear John's post game comments too. It was easy in the end, but spare a thought for those Hibs fans tonight, as we know that sort of result on your own patch, is a bitter pill to swallow. Digne is just too good to let go on his recent showings isn't he? 

Our image.jpeg.dee73b43edbac928b0a8f7f8c4e541b7.jpeg continues (Destination Athens). :flag:

Edited by John
  • Like 3

Â