• Olsen (Martínez 45)
    • Tielemans (Kamara 67)
    • Durán (Bailey 69)
    • Traoré (Watkins 69)
    • Cash (Konsa 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, Enda said:

Mad that Ollie gets a hat-trick and the MOTM was our left back.

If it was just based on goals then I’d agree but the best player on the pitch imo was Digne, he was outstanding.  

McGinn said that Emery wasn't happy with how we played at half time.

We we're 4 up at the time.

The man is a machine. He won't be happy til we win the club world trophy. Then demand it's a regular thing. He is our Fergie. The man just hates losing full stop at anything.

• Like 1

Controlled performance. This is the sort of performance we will keep getting.

In previous teams when we had the ball in some areas I would expect us to try and get more goals and push forward, however I have no issues with us not doing that unless we have to.

Digne is oddly, looking like the player we thought we were getting when we signed him. Typical as we are off loading him now for a cheaper replacement.

Watkins looked like he wanted it today and should have had 5

Diaby looked off the pace, some nice interplay but no bursting forwards and seems to have borrowed big pills shooting boots tonight.

The game was also played at 1/2 pace most likely to prevent injury and preserve the team for the weekend. 

Oh and I'm loving emery putting out the full 1st team for the first leg, win comfortable 1st leg and then you aren't chasing the game in the second leg.

Would like to see a strong line up for the 2nd leg with zaniolo given a go from the start rather than him playing with a weakend team and if we get 2 goals infront to then put on a few of the second string players

Well done lads

Why oh why did Bertie not put it in the net after he sat down their entire defence and keeper.

Glad we went strong in the lineup, could have been 7 or 8 and probably should have been but the tie is dead and barring something catastrophically unlikely we’re into the group stages and set for a genuine European campaign, brilliant.

All that said, I don’t think we actually played all that well.

Â