• Olsen (Martínez 45)
    • Tielemans (Kamara 67)
    • Durán (Bailey 69)
    • Traoré (Watkins 69)
    • Cash (Konsa 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

I think the kids would benefit from starting a game in the 2nd leg. There's ample insurance on the scoreboard now. Coming on at 5-0 was like Archer on the weekend, when the team mates are on slow down mode they would find it hard to do anything.

Agree but was two young defenders on the bench who I think could have enjoyed a run out at the back and got a few touches on the ball just to ease them in for next week. Anyway as said was a minor gripe 😛 

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

McGinn said that Emery wasn't happy with how we played at half time.

We we're 4 up at the time.

The man is a machine. He won't be happy til we win the club world trophy. Then demand it's a regular thing. He is our Fergie. The man just hates losing full stop at anything.

I agree with Emery's assessment there. We were really sloppy for the first twenty minutes, passes were under hit, the movement wasn’t there, Torres looked shaky but we can throw a punch. I think the score line says more about the talent gap than anything good we did tactically. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Doesn't seem to be up anymore? Not sure how it works to be honest. 

Change your location in iplayer settings to Scotland, missus did it before I got home 👍🏼

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Small heath Hibbee must have REALLY enjoyed that

His missus will have done, she's a Villa fan. 

He may as well stay out in the pub and hope she's asleep when he gets home. 

• Haha 1

Well - that was easy

3 things I learned :

• Unai has a very different attitude to Europe than our last manager that had us there
  • That Digne fella can cross a ball! 
  • The SPL really isn't that good 
  • Like 1

Nice little outing. I'd have hooked Diaby at 3-0. Gotta protect our Ferrari.

Digne MOTM, and looking really sharp so far. 

Increasing his transfer fee if we do sell him.

I expected a bit more from the Hibs crowd on a evening game, but it seemed like a bunch of families. Which is nice, but look forward to cauldrons of Eastern European hatred and menace.

• Haha 1

Happy with that,  Had all the Jocks I work with/Know out here telling how Hibs/Scottish PL will steam roller us!!!!

Great result, nice Hat-trick for Ollie, Digne class with the crosses and good to see Carlos get a Full 90 under his belt..

Once this team clicks its going to hell of a ride.

I don’t even know what to think about that. I thought we were pretty poor. Kept losing the ball in midfield, invited unnecessary pressure that any half decent team would have punished us for,  missed easy chances and thought they were all pretty poor other than Digne and a couple of well taken headers from Ollie.

We need to go with the kids in the next game for sure and just not concede (no real chance of that happening).

As for Hibs, that’s the worst team Ive ever seen Villa play in a competitive match by quite some margin. Truly woeful. Really surprised as I thought this could be a tricky game. We’ve been beaten by plenty of lower league teams in the past but Christ alive I honestly don’t think they even get into the English Football League pyramid they’re that bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adam67 said:

Happy with that,  Had all the Jocks I work with/Know out here telling how Hibs/Scottish PL will steam roller us!!!!

Great result, nice Hat-trick for Ollie, Digne class with the crosses and good to see Carlos get a Full 90 under his belt..

Once this team clicks its going to hell of a ride.

Well that must have been said with tongue in cheek as that was never going to happen. Either that or they are thinking of the 1970s when we did hold our own against Liverpool , Leeds and other top sides in Europe. Money now dictates that the SPL cannot compete anywhere near the level of the other top European Leagues especially the Premier League. 

There was an expectation that Villa would win easily and in fact Villa scored less than many thought would happen. Due to this the crowd weren't as vociferous as they would have been against the likes of the bigot brothers or Hearts. ( plus there is very little malice towards Villa ...........this would have been different if the Villa fans had started chanting Engerland or even worse the National Anthem.........you would have seen and heard some reaction then 😉🤣)  Pleased to see a fair amount of the crowd stayed till the end to applaud Villa and especially John McGinn. 

Well done to the Hibs singing section "Block 7" for keeping going for the whole 90 minutes.........not easy when your team are chasing shadows for that time and are 5 down.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Nice little outing. I'd have hooked Diaby at 3-0. Gotta protect our Ferrari.

Digne MOTM, and looking really sharp so far. 

Increasing his transfer fee if we do sell him.

I expected a bit more from the Hibs crowd on a evening game, but it seemed like a bunch of families. Which is nice, but look forward to cauldrons of Eastern European hatred and menace.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS - Dr. Evil - quickmeme

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Solid professional performance in what could have been a tricky tie. Only gripe and very minor is we could have gave a youngster a few minutes at the end instead of Cash

Hibs gave there all but ran out of gas, I thought the forward Youan looked the most dangerous of them but the Hibs fans were booing him

Pure frustration Zat. He tends to be able to beat a man or 8 but then will try to beat them all again with no thoughts about passing or any end product. What they forget is that he is our only player that tries to do this and now Boyle is not 100% the only one with any pace. Our best effort yesterday came from him early in the second half where similar to his goal in Luzern,  he cut inside and got his shot away only for Olsen to tip it over the bar.......................Hibs fans forget this and only remember all the headless chicken runs he made.🫣

• Like 1

Â