• Olsen (Martínez 45)
    • Tielemans (Kamara 67)
    • Durán (Bailey 69)
    • Traoré (Watkins 69)
    • Cash (Konsa 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 22:59

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Will Watkins goals count towards the golden Boot for the tournament or will they only count from the group stage?

I was thinking the same thing. I imagine that as it a qualifier they won’t but could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

No Lee Johnson interview?

From BBC Sport:

"First of all, I was proud of the club for getting to this point. I was disappointed with the scoreline. I felt the shape was okay in the first half, but in terms of moments in our control we weren't good enough. The gulf in quality showed after that period in the first 20 minutes. Too many times we gave the ball away, too many times we were offside. That was the lesson for us and we hope we can learn from this. There's huge differences between the budgets and we're doing well to compete at this level and today is a big lesson for us." 

UE: 

"We know we really played a high level, and didn't let them play how they usually play. The end result is maybe not deserved, but we deserved to win, and our respect of them is playing how we played. We know they are very good in the transition. We know they have good long balls and crosses. We tried to keep control with the ball, and we did it. I am happy, but everything we did was with respect. In this competition, first we have to be in the groups, and second, trying to do something here."

I think UE won the post match interviews too....:cheers:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I reckon we’re favourites to go through now

As legendary Norway manager Egil Olsen would always say, I reckon we have a fair chance. 

• Like 2

Just finished watching the game, restarted it on BBC Scotland when I got in.

Well chuffed with the scoreline, second leg obviously a formailty.

A couple of things I took from the game:

Do NOT sell Digne, he's playing so well.

Enjoyed the BBC Jockstrap coverage and the fact they interviewed SJM after and it was like four guys in the pub: no rush to get back to studio so all the nobhead pundits can have their say. Like what they do on other channels.

Hope Martinez isn't actually injured.

Olsen did well, although I don't think he had a save to make his distrbution was excellent.

Nice hat trick from Oliver.

Small heath Hibbee must have REALLY enjoyed that :crylaugh:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Try this

I'm holding out for the full match. How long after the match does the OS have the full replay up?

It's on BBC iplayer, I just watched the whole game. And I got in when it was almost over.

• Thanks 1

Solid professional performance in what could have been a tricky tie. Only gripe and very minor is we could have gave a youngster a few minutes at the end instead of Cash

Hibs gave there all but ran out of gas, I thought the forward Youan looked the most dangerous of them but the Hibs fans were booing him

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Solid professional performance in what could have been a tricky tie. Only gripe and very minor is we could have gave a youngster a few minutes at the end instead of Cash

Hibs gave there all but ran out of gas, I thought the forward Youan looked the most dangerous of them but the Hibs fans were booing him

I think the kids would benefit from starting a game in the 2nd leg. There's ample insurance on the scoreboard now. Coming on at 5-0 was like Archer on the weekend, when the team mates are on slow down mode they would find it hard to do anything.

Â