Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He'd cost less than £20m to join. He's far more settled now and proving his worth. He'd be less of a gamble now at that price.

Not sure what zaniolo would say about that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thought he's looked very good the last few games. He offers something very different. 

He's probably less good going forward than our other wingers, but he's the best defensively, and provides good hold up play. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Best game for us by far. His strength was really useful today and used the ball well. 

Yes ,we played alot of long balls out to him and he out muscled White continually.

Got better as game went on.

It’s probably wrong of me because, on days when it isn’t going right, it will end up frustrating me more often than not…

…but I quite like having some classic Italian… petulance is maybe the wrong word; but that “spirit” in the team.

It’s quite endearing really. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

He'd cost less than £20m to join. He's far more settled now and proving his worth. He'd be less of a gamble now at that price.

Has this price gone down or is it because the club paid a large loan fee ?

He played very well today but I still don’t think we will sign him.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has this price gone down or is it because the club paid a large loan fee ?

He played very well today but I still don’t think we will sign him.

£3m loan fee and around £19m fee when converting from euro 

• Thanks 1

Possibly his best performance in a Viia shirt to date. One of his biggest assets is physical strength. It must help Digne considerably to have someone who can battle and hold up the ball in front of him.

if he can learn from Unai and curb some of the silly bookings, he could develop into a valuable asset for the club. Him, Ramsey and Buendia would all bring different attributes to the wide left of midfield.

now follow it up with a repeat performance against Lille.

Edited by Lochheads twin
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He'd be a very useful player for champions league football next season.

Exactly. Football is a squad game and I just don't think there are that many players out there we'd be able to get for a similar price with the same potential and experience.

Probably his best game I guess, hope his injury is not too serious.

Zaniolo is definitely in some form just now, he should be fresh and gives us a much needed boost for the run-in if he can stay fit.

If Villa make CL I'd like to see us sign him.

Â