Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

We should buy him and see if he can make an impact next season once he knows the ropes more like Bailey did. If not then sell him to a serie a club for a profit...

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

We'll have to see. There are plenty of options to play in that position as it is. In my opinion, the signing of Rogers was basically the end of Zaniolo's chances of being signed. 

This for me also. Rogers being cheaper and younger. More room to increase re-sale value (if it goes that way), can mould him into how we play, probably a little easier too. Think he's better value for money than Zaniolo. It's a shame but I think the transfer and then the wages he'll want will be too much for us to throw at, as it looks like we need to wary of FFP. 

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd spend 5m on him, max. His wages wouldn't be above 40k a week. And even that is a stretch. 

All the salary sites suggest he’s on a base of around £60k per week.

On 09/04/2024 at 19:22, Tom13 said:

It all depends on how much potential Unai sees in him. He could easily still view him as having high potential.

I don't think there's much chance of us keeping him, and neither should we. When Buendia and Ramsey are fit, they'll be competing with Rogers for the same sort of positions on the pitch. Zaniolo's not getting a game ahead of those three.

On 09/04/2024 at 20:22, Tom13 said:

It all depends on how much potential Unai sees in him. He could easily still view him as having high potential.

Its a tough one to call, it might depend on Buendia fitness but Zaniolo is probably our 5th/6th choice wide attacker/No.10 when everybody is fit. 

The fee isnt that much in Premier League terms but its also a position we might not need another player. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely in the 'thinks there's a player in there worth finding' camp. And I don't think the reported fee's all that much in the grand scheme of things, but the bottom line for me is he just hasn't shown us enough yet to warrant a permanent investment. I think that the intensity and the speed of the Premier League has been hard to adjust to and I'm not sure if he fancies being a cog in the machine either and after years of injuries and lack of minutes for various reasons I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go somewhere where he'd be more the main man than squad filler. Hard not to like his endeavour though and I hope he has a storming end to the season. The wall thing is hard to come back from really but I get why the Italian VTers seem to like him. I like him. But remember when Mings walked in the door and put in great performance after great performance and it was the start of something undeniably beautiful? - it's kind of been more of the opposite of that really so far with Nico.

• Like 1

Not appalling, again.

Not good either, again.

No zip in his movement. I have no idea what position on the pitch he could hold down regularly for any decent side.

Getting rid of Philogene to loan Zaniolo will go down as a smelly one.

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t sign this bloke on a free, offers next to nothing. Lacks effort and any sort of positional sense. 

I never understand why people just come into a thread to slaughter players for no reason. Your just a div tbh, its a shame we can't free transfer you over to the SHA forums. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I never understand why people just come into a thread to slaughter players for no reason. Your just a div tbh, its a shame we can't free transfer you over to the SHA forums. 

😂 someone had a few shandy’s 

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Not at all. I just can't have those that call themselves supporters but continually put our players down, especially when they've done nothing wrong. You've started to fall into that category like a few others tbh.

Yes, we all have a moan from time to time about performances but to continually post negatives about the same player over and over again when you've already made your feelings clear makes you a bitch. A whiny repetitive one at that. 

Calm down fella, no problem with you expressing your opinion but cut out the insults. 

• Like 1

He wasn't lacking any effort tonight. He chased back really hard. The only one close to winning the ball in the build up to their equalising corner.

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He wasn't lacking any effort tonight. He chased back really hard. The only one close to winning the ball in the build up to their equalising corner.

Wait, they equalised? 😮

• Haha 1

I think I've made this point before, but as we're here...

He always looks like a shithouse with a ridiculous amount of magic under his belt. 

His performances, have been average at best, BUT he has turned up at times when we've needed him.

Don't dislike him as a player, don't think we've seen what he could be, also don't think we've got time for passengers.

Can see him fitting in, with a lot of coaching, wouldn't be too upset if we replaced him with another maverick. 

2 hours ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t sign this bloke on a free, offers next to nothing. Lacks effort and any sort of positional sense. 

I don't think he lacks effort, he just doesn't seem to offer much else.  Can't seem to keep the ball,  doesn't really create anything, not much of a threat to the opposition, too often a bit of a passenger.  No way should we sign him.     

I thought he looked clumsy when he came on, but that might be his manner. 

Tbf, though, none of the subs had much of an impact beyond having fresher legs yesterday so I don’t think one can pass comment on Zaniolo.

I think, at that stage in the game, it was a matter of us staying in our shape. At one point leading up to their corner, he got into a bit of a pickle and lost his man on the left. Other than that, I think he did the job that was expected of him. 

Â