Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

He's one where I've really wanted to believe, and wanted it to work for him. 

He "nearly" scored in his first 5/6 games and it looked promising. 

But these days I've lost the faith - he doesnt look like a footballer let alone a talented one. He works hard but is as likely to give away a foul as make a tackle. When he gets the ball it bounces off him more often than it sticks. Even when he gets it under control he more often than not makes a poor decision. Just looks like a player playing out of his depth. 

He clearly has at some point been a decent player and we've seen with the likes of Bailey that players can turn these things around with huge amounts of effort and will. 

But right now he's one I'll be happy to see go in the summer. 

I will say it again, I would buy him. He is an Italian international, probably going to the euros, so the reported 15m euros, is peanuts for a young international player with potential 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wezbid said:

He wasn't lacking any effort tonight. He chased back really hard. The only one close to winning the ball in the build up to their equalising corner.

Was that the one where he ran so fast he ran yards past the player, who then had acres of free space to carry the ball into?

7 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I will say it again, I would buy him. He is an Italian international, probably going to the euros, so the reported 15m euros, is peanuts for a young international player with potential 

I agree with this.  I think it's not down to lack of effort so far in his Villa career.  I do think like Bailey, he could turn it around here.

An incredibly poor cameo last night. He was more hinderence than help. 

(I was at the match, so the above may be hyperbolic, but that's how it seemed at the time).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

its bidace money...

I think we do a lot of work with buendia and Ramsey first and see if we actually need him, between those 2 and rogers i think the answer could be no because we don't need him, if Ramsey was fit he wouldn't play half as much as he does

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

The Italian national side isn't what it was, and frankly even then I'm still surprised he gets picked.  It's a bit like when England kept picking Joe Hart who was garbage even before Citeh shipped him out.

I suppose he must have shown some from for Roma or Gala, but neither seem too bothered about letting him go.  If our spending is going to be limited by FSR and FFP then I would prefer not to gamble a chunk of it on someone who has fluffed pretty much every chance to impress that we've given him.   I'd rather get Philogene or Archer back.

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't think he's dome enough in his time here to merit signing him..Bidace wouid have done more if we'd have kept him.

Emery will know the circumstances he's been playing in/under this season and will be considering what he could do for us in future, rather than what he has or hasn't achieved in his first season in England. Whether Emery sees his potential as being high enough for us to buy him, time will tell.

The reality is neither bidace or Zaniolo are good enough for where we want to be next season. The comments re Bidace are ill founded - he personally asked to leave the club. Our sights should be set far higher on someone like Williams or maybe rogers is showing signs that he could be that player given time to develop etc. 

I absolutley want to keep him, there are very fine margins in elite football and right now, I would acknowledge that he is on the wrong side of these margins - however I have seen enough to believe that he will cross over to the right side of these margins.

I think anyone who has played competitive football regardless of the level, will have gone through periods when nothing goes quite right? 
I think next season he starts ( that’s if he is here)

• Like 2

On 09/04/2024 at 06:38, Taxahunter said:

For the 15m£ reported by the media, I would definitely buy him

The buy option is €38m including add ons, confirmed by Galatasary - it’s a total non starter in my eyes. Even if it is £15m he’s done virtually nothing in pretty much an entire season, what’s the point in wasting £15m on a player who hasn’t been good enough? He’s already behind Rogers in the pecking order and we still have Ramsey and Buendia to come back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

The buy option is €38m including add ons, confirmed by Galatasary - it’s a total non starter in my eyes. Even if it is £15m he’s done virtually nothing in pretty much an entire season, what’s the point in wasting £15m on a player who hasn’t been good enough? He’s already behind Rogers in the pecking order and we still have Ramsey and Buendia to come back. 

Depends how highly Unai rates his potential. He won't write him after one season, especially considering he's been settling into a new country, had that betting stuff hanging over him for a little white, and had very limited minutes the last few months.

I know you can say there's a reason why he's had so little minutes but it's more complex than that and is still too early to write him off.

Edited by Tom13

21 hours ago, El Segundo said:

The Italian national side isn't what it was, and frankly even then I'm still surprised he gets picked.  It's a bit like when England kept picking Joe Hart who was garbage even before Citeh shipped him out.

I suppose he must have shown some from for Roma or Gala, but neither seem too bothered about letting him go.  If our spending is going to be limited by FSR and FFP then I would prefer not to gamble a chunk of it on someone who has fluffed pretty much every chance to impress that we've given him.   I'd rather get Philogene or Archer back.

He get's picked because people who know what they're looking at deem him to be really good? People who actually watch football and actually know what they're doing as it's their job?

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He get's picked because people who know what they're looking at deem him to be really good? People who actually watch football and actually know what they're doing as it's their job?

Normally I'd agree but for two people...

GS and SG.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2024 at 12:31, villa4europe said:

its bidace money...

I think we do a lot of work with buendia and Ramsey first and see if we actually need him, between those 2 and rogers i think the answer could be no because we don't need him, if Ramsey was fit he wouldn't play half as much as he does

Just bringing it down to cash, if we have first refusal at 15m, then he will be worth a lot more than that after the Euros.

He just doesn't look mobile enough for me.  He's had enough time to get rid of any rustiness and settling-in time now and there's been only slight improvement.  As it stands we will have Diaby, Bailey and McGinn as left footers who can play on the right and Unai prefers a right-footer on the left so I don't see any need to sign Zaniolo permanently.  

I want it to work out but I just find him very uninspiring. Having him on the pitch feels like a wildcard that might provide something but could just as easily be completely absent. Interested to see what he can do with ~70 minutes rather than 25 today though.

A rare start on the right for him so he can cut in on his left. Thats where he did his damage at Roma. He will have responsibility for Zivchenko from the looks of it . So could be spending more time in central mid. 

Â