Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

10 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

3 mins in. "Zaniolo murdered Ben White" "Not seen anyone do that to him" - Robbie

Puts his points across really well there and a very fair assessment of the game given his Arsenal bias. Fair play. 

• Like 2

Word is he wants to be closer to home and family, with all that's happened in recent years. 

Fiorentina were heavily linked a few months back. Bologna is about the same distance from his home town (if that's the priority for him) and as a club they've come on leaps and bounds in recent seasons. 

Italy head coach Spaletti has said he need to be playing first team football to maintain his place in the national side as well, so there is that. 

Maybe we're still working on this in the background.  If there is any truth to our interest in Giovanni Di Lorenzo at Napoli, part of the thinking there might be help NZ settle off the pitch. 

Put in an absolutely massive shift. He was still sprinting the length of the pitch at 80+ minutes. If he's happy with 35 appearances and maybe 15 starts sign him up. Still think he moved back to seria A and tears it up next season. 

23 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Put in an absolutely massive shift. He was still sprinting the length of the pitch at 80+ minutes. If he's happy with 35 appearances and maybe 15 starts sign him up. Still think he moved back to seria A and tears it up next season. 

You might be talking about him sprinting up the touchline, but we probably want to be careful we're not playing 12 players given he was subbed off on the 79th minute.

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Puts his points across really well there and a very fair assessment of the game given his Arsenal bias. Fair play. 

He's always come across a likeable guy, I didn't know he wasn't presenting anymore on there though. Unless they just rotate it now.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

He was noticeably quicker in the 70th min than the 5th which I found interesting 

That is totally believable though!

Wouldn't make sense for a normal player, but it does for mavericks like Zaniolo and Bailey. Up is down, the sky is green, pigs WILL fly.

What we've got in these two is excellent attitudes regardless of performance. Every time either of them speak, it's always positive, it's always wanting to improve, it's always team first.

I totally gave up on Bailey this year - he's since shown he could reach a level I didn't think possible. Really hope Zaniolo does the same and fires us to that 4th spot.

• Like 1

He played quite a bit during our good early season form, he has great physicality, a brilliant touch and technique and he has something about him that if it's harnessed correctly he could genuinely be a top level player.

A frustrating player at times, but has that Gareth Bale like build and still quite young and new to the PL.

I'm still undecided if I'd buy him but if he can show some consistency and contribute some goals/assists to the end of the season he would be worth the punt.

I can see him starting on Wednesday, it will be a tough atmosphere, Lille will be up for it and can see them having a lot of the ball, having him as a "target winger" like on Saturday could be a valuable asset 

17 hours ago, WooJung said:

I can see him starting on Wednesday, it will be a tough atmosphere, Lille will be up for it and can see them having a lot of the ball, having him as a "target winger" like on Saturday could be a valuable asset 

I hope he doesn't  - will mean he is too tired for Thursday.  But in all seriousness, his deployment as a "target winger" (great new phrase) was really interesting and highlights his versatility. 

I'm in two minds about whether we should keep him (and he may want to return to Italy), but his versatility and recent form certainly strengthens the case.  

• Haha 1

One of the reasons I liked him was because of his build and his ability to hold the ball up and use his body to protect the ball. With Bailey, Diaby and even Watkins playing we lack this option.

The thing I noticed with him and also Duran is when they come on for 10-15 mins, they feel like they need to impress and often try to do way too much. 

Â