Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

He faded a bit I think, which is understandable given how few 90 minute games he's played, but off the bench he's a real danger and looking a little more comfortable.

That pass he made for the counter attack which ended up with the Luiz chance was so good. He's getting better and better, think he could be massive in this final run of games, just don't stick him in any walls anymore! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The wall was unforgivable but most of our good breaks started with him. 

Agree, the intent was there. Does anyone know where his best position is though, we're using him from the left, I wasn't convinced that he was a left sided player when we signed him 

The wall issue won’t change my opinion on him but it reinforces what I’ve seen from him regarding his general smart play.

Other than that I do think he has quality and has played his part this season.

Would sign him for £5-10 million as a bargain and a risk not the £30 mil that has been agreed.

Thank but no thanks. 

21 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Agree, the intent was there. Does anyone know where his best position is though, we're using him from the left, I wasn't convinced that he was a left sided player when we signed him 

Right wing

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He faded a bit I think, which is understandable given how few 90 minute games he's played, but off the bench he's a real danger and looking a little more comfortable.

Yeah, he's definitely looking better - passing, control, possession etc. I think he's got his head down and has realised that this is his big chance to prove himself in (arguably) the best league in the world, so is trying his best to take it. Hopefully he will. 

• Like 1

His attacking outlet is getting better. He’s a very smart footballer. The wall stuff isn’t great, I don’t think it should be held that much against him. We win and lose as a team. Everyone makes mistakes. 

Said elsewhere - Zaniolo turned sideways in the wall, Duran turned his back - both bad errors, but only Zaniolo is being highlighted because it went through him.

He’s still a decent option until the end of the season.

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A couple of things I'd like to get off my chest. 

A wall is designed to block an area of the goal, he was in the wall.  

Phil Foden isn't aiming for what he thinks will be a hole in the wall, he's trying to go around the wall. 

Zaniolo isn't jumping "out of the way", he's jumping and turning his back (which IS a mistake, just take a ball to the nuts/face), causing himself to "open up" a hole in the wall. 

The free kick was shit really.  It was bollock high and going somewhere between Zaniolo and Konsa.  An awful effort in any other game, as it just bounces harmlessly away. 

It was just unlucky, albeit if the hole doesn't open, its not a goal.  

So he's at fault slightly, but that goal was pretty shit. 

I also think Foden's third was a lucky strike. I mean he fell over as he hit it ffs. Really annoying to let him score those three goals.

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A couple of things I'd like to get off my chest. 

A wall is designed to block an area of the goal, he was in the wall.  

Phil Foden isn't aiming for what he thinks will be a hole in the wall, he's trying to go around the wall. 

Zaniolo isn't jumping "out of the way", he's jumping and turning his back (which IS a mistake, just take a ball to the nuts/face), causing himself to "open up" a hole in the wall. 

The free kick was shit really.  It was bollock high and going somewhere between Zaniolo and Konsa.  An awful effort in any other game, as it just bounces harmlessly away. 

It was just unlucky, albeit if the hole doesn't open, its not a goal.  

So he's at fault slightly, but that goal was pretty shit. 

Are you sure? There was a free kick earlier that was skyed over thee bar but if you watch it he does exactly the same. So did Foden spot that and aim for the same place. Who knows but Zaniola should not be doing that once let alone twice and why wasn't he told off the first time.

Having said that he played well the rest of the time. I think we have better players but he is a more than capable premier league player.

If that had been saved it would have been an incredible save (so Martinez might have saved it) but maybe if Emi was in goal he would have bollocked  Zaniola. 

We put out a weakened team and deservedly got beaten but picking on individuals is not right. The all put a shift in. Lets move on 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I also think Foden's third was a lucky strike. I mean he fell over as he hit it ffs. Really annoying to let him score those three goals.

To be fair, all of their goals were avoidable :lol: 

We just didn't try hard enough.  

There weren't any beautiful passages of play.  Fodens second was alright, but even Rodri got lucky when the ball bounced of X and into his path so he could lay it off to Foden. 

I guess that means the secret is:  you make your own luck :)  

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

To be fair, all of their goals were avoidable :lol: 

We just didn't try hard enough.  

There weren't any beautiful passages of play.  Fodens second was alright, but even Rodri got lucky when the ball bounced of X and into his path so he could lay it off to Foden. 

I guess that means the secret is:  you make your own luck :)  

Yeah, I wasn't able to catch the game in full last night - only the last 20. Watching the highlights now - that free-kick was absolutely pathetic to concede. Zaniolo had a shocker but I also think Olsen could have got there (someone else said this can't remember who). Such an average strike and we let it go in just before half time. Pathetic way to concede.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Zaniolo had a shocker but I also think Olsen could have got there (someone else said this can't remember who). 

Konsa has also turned away from it, the ball is actually closer to Konsa. 
Yes Zaniolo should improve there but he isn’t the only one to blame. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Konsa has also turned away from it, the ball is actually closer to Konsa. 
Yes Zaniolo should improve there but he isn’t the only one to blame. 

It’s only closer to Konsa because of how far Zaniolo jumped out of the way! He played well on everything else but there’s no excuses for the job he did in the wall, was something you’d expect in a kids game, kids jumping out of the way of the ball, shouldn’t be seen at PL level and it cost us as a goal at a crucial time of the game. 

• Like 2

Â