Pau Torres

Delphinho123

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s not been included in the Spain squad.

He has probably been omited because he has only played a small amount of football over the last couple of months.

He was looking like he is getting back to full fitness last night and made it all look so easy, fingers crossed he can stay injury free for the remainder of the season.

Edited by NeilS
typo
  • Like 1

Thinking out loud rather than having a strong conviction in this thought... Could he play deep midfield while no McGinn/Kamara? Play Konsa and Lenglet in Central Defence, Cash and Moreno (or Digne) and then Pau, Tielemans and Luiz with width supplied by Bailey and Diaby to (hopefully) Watkins.

Just feel his calm composure, passing and ability to slot in as a back five when needed, could really work. Or is it to defensive? Don't think Ramsey (injuries) Rogers or Iroegbunam (readiness) are going to help us in McGinn's absence.

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Thinking out loud rather than having a strong conviction in this thought... Could he play deep midfield while no McGinn/Kamara? Play Konsa and Lenglet in Central Defence, Cash and Moreno (or Digne) and then Pau, Tielemans and Luiz with width supplied by Bailey and Diaby to (hopefully) Watkins.

Just feel his calm composure, passing and ability to slot in as a back five when needed, could really work. Or is it to defensive? Don't think Ramsey (injuries) Rogers or Iroegbunam (readiness) are going to help us in McGinn's absence.

Sweet jesus no.

The best centre back we've had in decades and we're discussing moving him to a different position.

artworks-000216105014-46ynia-t500x500.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Sweet jesus no.

The best centre back we've had in decades and we're discussing moving him to a different position.

Fair enough!!

But don't mean permanently, just for three games with no McGinn. Think we can cope with him out of position better than we can cope with Chambers in midfield for example!

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

For me, I’d start Tim and Rogers. With Tielemans as well. The physical presence of the two would help minimizing McGinn absence damage. 

Tim has to start all 3 games, then for the other two positions it will depend if Ramsey was back or not. 

If Tim succeeded, I think he’ll continue playing beside Luiz even if McGinn was back for most games. Hopefully he success sooner than later.

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

For me, I’d start Tim and Rogers. With Tielemans as well. The physical presence of the two would help minimizing McGinn absence damage. 

Tim has to start all 3 games, then for the other two positions it will depend if Ramsey was back or not. 

If Tim succeeded, I think he’ll continue playing beside Luiz even if McGinn was back for most games. Hopefully he success sooner than later.

Rogers and physical do not belong in the same sentence man. He is not ready to start a prem game of this importance, we have to find another way.

We’re shorthanded and going in against one of the most physical teams in the league at their ground. Due to McGinn’s stupidity it’s going to fall on everyone else’s shoulders to step up. Carpe Diem. 

50 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

To the stadium announcer…never call him Pau “wow” Torres ever again please.

They could call him "Kung Fu" Pau

8 hours ago, Callum said:

Rogers and physical do not belong in the same sentence man. He is not ready to start a prem game of this importance, we have to find another way.

So you’d prefer Diaby or Tielemans to be put run by the most physical team? For me Diaby has to be kept to the second half. Rogers to start first half. Tielemans starts as well but with both Tim and Luiz behind him.
Unless if Ramsey was ready (which I won’t risk as he will have more time to get ready during the international break).

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

To the stadium announcer…never call him Pau “wow” Torres ever again please.

All the shit he's saying nowadays is so awful. It needs to stop.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Sweet jesus no.

Yes but the best centre half we or anyone else, ever had used to play in midfield for his country, so perhaps it shouldn’t be an idea to dismiss so readily? Perhaps as a one off for this game considering the circumstances? 

10 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I feel about this guy like I did about prime Gareth Barry (before the transfer saga).  So classy, an absolute diamond of a footballer.

Maybe we should let the transfer thingy go possibly. Guy was a class act for us and in my humble opinion is a Villa legend 👍🏻

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Maybe we should let the transfer thingy go possibly. Guy was a class act for us and in my humble opinion is a Villa legend 👍🏻

365 league apps for us! Insane really.

51 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I completely agree. I always applauded him when he returned to Villa Park.

Â