Pau Torres

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Arsenal will win the league this time because Declan Rice has added that steel to the midfield. Its something we haven't got especially without Kamara. But even with him at times our defence has looked vulnerable. When Bailey plays teams double up on him. We don't seem to do that to opposition teams. Too many crosses allowed to come in. It's hard to believe we are 4th when we are so vulnerable in certain areas.  Different to the end of last season when we were hard to score against. Injuries to Mings. Kamara I guess. 

I couldn't agree more.

Look, Kamara is a huge loss, so is Mings, and I still think we miss, the dogged intensity of Buendia, in certain games.....but Kamara is no Rice of Rodri...that is another level

Kamara has a big influence on Dougies game too, Dougie has lost his edge, like he did before Kamara arrived....because he is a fill in No 6, bless him...Tielemans is not a pivot player either....as you suggest, we are missing aggression from that position.

I think we sometimes see the missing player, but forget the influence they have on others in the team.

Pau is much better, with the additional assertiveness, in front of him, Kamama brings.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair to Pau I don't remember him putting a foot wrong recently before yesterday.  Early in the season he was getting run past quite easily but that seemed to have stopped.  Yesterday they all decided to defend like they're pissed for 10 minutes.

I agree.

It wasn't all on him, it was a collective effort....but it was just him we was addressing in debate.

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

It is a team game.

And injuries have slowly taken away our best defenders along all the defender, midfield, and forward lines. 

Good point.

All our most capable defenders in these areas have been out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Look the season has been great, lets get that Elephant in the room out of the way, to start with.

We have let 2 goal leads slip, too many times this season, for it not to be a concern....and the main concern is the manner of the collapses.

Pau Torres, is not solely responsible for them either....that's out the way, too.

The defensive side of our game, needs scrutiny and forensic examination.....I see things during a game, that concern me, as do others I guess. I am not suggesting Unai changes his football philosophy, but I am suggesting we concede too many and too easily....and I do not share the view, the forwards have to cover for that, by scoring more, and missing less chances, as some propagate....I don't accept that trade off.

Its largely the manner of those goals conceded yesterday, that's the major concern......The opposition never laid a glove on us, before the infamous 9 minutes.....Then they smelt a rat, we was standing off, and that was the incentive they needed.

Paul Torres, played his part, but it wasn't all on him.

Konsa, stopped Vinicius Jnr, but couldn't stop Reguillion?.....It was collective incompetency and in no way was Unai, expecting that.

Pau Torres is a fine footballer, and I'm glad we have him....but he is missing, crucially adept players who can compliment his skill set.

When we see teams, with physically adept players like VVD, Rodri, Gabriel or Saliba......it has a significant effect on those teams.....We miss Mings and Kamara.....and so does Pau.

Yup, nothing there I couldn't agree with, except that we're still the team who's given up least points after taking the lead.

Getting a real RB, whether it's Cash or someone new, will go a long way in improving our back line. Konsa is not a FB, and he was terrible yesterday.

Not sure how we'll set up with Mings hopefully in form to start next season, but we should be better defensively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

It is a team game.

And injuries have slowly taken away our best defenders along all the defender, midfield, and forward lines. 

concur.

• Like 1

TBF given he actually makes paella, we could steal one of the really generic stereotype songs:

He eats (makes) paella, he drinks Estrella, his... footballing brain's f***ing massive

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

We've won something like 70% of the games he's played in. Seeing the comments in the last few pages has me baffled. Are all football fans like this or is it just Villa? If we lose it's like the end of the world and everyone is shit. It's like people expect football to save their week/weekends and when it doesn't they just lose it.

• Like 1

Just sat on the loo and thought I’d have a go - you have to sing it the way I have envisioned it, or else it will just be nonsense… 

We all love the Pau, Pau, Pau

We sing about the Pau, Pau, Pau 

We’re following the Pau, Pau, Pau 

He’s all about the now, now, now

Ohhh he likes the fish, in the seaaa

He plays in front of you, and, meeee

And altogether we, will, seeee 

Just how happy the Pau, can, beee… 

Under the one, Emeryyy! 

You’re welcome.

Edited by Tayls

17 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Just sat on the loo and thought I’d have a go - you have to sing it the way I have envisioned it, or else it will just be nonsense… 

We all love the Pau, Pau, Pau

We sing about the Pau, Pau, Pau 

We’re following the Pau, Pau, Pau 

He’s all about the now, now, now

Ohhh he likes the fish, in the seaaa

He plays in front of you, and, meeee

And altogether we, will, seeee 

Just how happy the Pau, can, beee… 

Under the one, Emeryyy! 

You’re welcome.

you need to go back for a Poo, poo, poo....and a Pee,pee, pee.

and get some better lyrics for the fans and me.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

you need to go back for a Poo, poo, poo....and a Pee,pee, pee.

and get some better lyrics for you and me.

…clearly you don’t understand good lyrics and music when it hits you in the face! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

…clearly you don’t understand good lyrics and music when it hits you in the face! 

just kidding.

Â