Pau Torres

Delphinho123

55 minutes ago, Risso said:

There's no guarantee that 5th will be enough though. We'd probably have lost anyway last night, but the team selection, especially without Pau, practically guaranteed it. The side that finished the game was an absolute shambles.

Let's be realistic here. Pau, as good as he is, wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Let's be realistic here. Pau, as good as he is, wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference last night.

He always makes a huge difference with his calming presence and ability to start attacks.

Just now, Tom13 said:

He always makes a huge difference with his calming presence and ability to start attacks.

We conceded 4 v Spurs with him in the backline so he's not an automatic clean sheet barometer. 

People could say the same about Emi but that was easily Olsen's best game for us, saved what he could save well and caught the crosses no problem.

Problem was last night simply just having two CMs out there.

Just now, VillaChris said:

We conceded 4 v Spurs with him in the backline so he's not an automatic clean sheet barometer. 

People could say the same about Emi but that was easily Olsen's best game for us, saved what he could save well and caught the crosses no problem.

Problem was last night simply just having two CMs out there.

Emi would have saved the FK though.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Emi would have saved the FK though.

All on the wall for me. Diabolical it just went through them so Olsen would've fully expected that to be blocked (and Emi aswell).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He does but in a game like that it's unlikely he would've been able to single-handedly get us a draw or a win.

58 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s not superman. He would have been covering the other side if the goal like any keeper. 

Watch it again. Olsen isn't that far from it.

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Every game is winnable, should have started.

That's what I thought but you have to manage the squad I guess. 

• Like 1

I don't care how good he is on the ball, he was absolutely pathetic for their second goal.

It's like he wasn't even aware that there can be opposition players in the box

• Like 1

From a defensive standpoint that was about as bad as it gets. I would have been pissed if my son's U14 side conceded any one of those 3 goals so it's crazy to see a professional defender make multiple school boy mistakes. Let's hope we don't see that again. 

When his distribution can't mask over how poor an actual defender he is, it can be a tough watch when teams get at us.

Not trying to exaggerate or whatever, he's had a very good season and vital to our entire system and will be a key part in the years to come but defensively he really is quite rubbish.  

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

So he's no longer the best player I'm the world any more and is instead the shitest?

Got it.

Has anyone said this? 

This sort of post, making a parody of posts that don't exist, are worse than the posts you're making up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I don't care how good he is on the ball, he was absolutely pathetic for their second goal.

It's like he wasn't even aware that there can be opposition players in the box

He's done enough for us this season at both ends of the pitch to not be judged on this one game.

That said he had an absolute stinker defensively for all the goals, and there's no excuse for that lack of awareness in our own box, review the vod, take the tongue lashing from Unai , never again.

• Like 1

Â