Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Emery confirmed he was only going to play 45 minutes 

Why though? Strange to start a centre back that you know you have to take off at halftime. It seems as though he's managing an injury for a long time now. Hope he doesn't end up being another James Chester.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Play him against Spurs and West Ham and rest him for Ajax next week would seem the sensible option - hopefully he's good for the two Premier league games.

Konsa being suspended has probably scuppered that. Don't fancy Carlos and Lenglet in the return leg.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why though? Strange to start a centre back that you know you have to take off at halftime. It seems as though he's managing an injury for a long time now. Hope he doesn't end up being another James Chester.

Match fitness/sharpness for Sunday.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Konsa being suspended has probably scuppered that. Don't fancy Carlos and Lenglet in the return leg.

Agreed, Carlos and Lenglet together has been a car crash at times this season.

Edited by AshVilla

Pretty worrying he can't get any rhythm into his season.

He comes in and plays two games and then we don't really see him for another two weeks, it's slowly becoming a bit Vlaar esque.

I get the feeling he's playing with an injury and he'll probably have an operation as soon as this season is over so guess we'll just have to nurse him through the next two and a bit months and he'll have to miss halves and games of football here and there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

This must be peak villa talk, comparing how Steve Bruce managed a CB to how Unai Emery manages a CB, incredible stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Because Spurs is a more important game. 

Yes just giving him some game time in readiness for the big one on Sunday hopefully. Tonight was about setting up the tie for the second leg with the minimum of energy I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Why though? Strange to start a centre back that you know you have to take off at halftime

Without discounting the potential of a lingering injury, the game at the weekend is potentially our biggest since promotion. If they felt him playing 45 mins v Ajax was the best thing for his performance vs Spurs, it’s obviously the right decision.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Play him against Spurs and West Ham and rest him for Ajax next week would seem the sensible option - hopefully he's good for the two Premier league games.

Will have to play against Ajax right? Konsa suspended, Chambers ineligible. Guess Carlos would be fit but would imagine Pau starts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Will have to play against Ajax right? Konsa suspended, Chambers ineligible. Guess Carlos would be fit but would imagine Pau starts.

Hmmm. I think that would mean him missing the West Ham game. I think we'll find a way to do without him midweek.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hmmm. I think that would mean him missing the West Ham game. I think we'll find a way to do without him midweek.

Why would it? He must be nearing full fitness now.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why would it? He must be nearing full fitness now.

If he's been struggling to play more than 45 minutes for a month now, I think three 90 minutes in eight days would be too much of a risk. We shouldn't need him on Thursday.

I think he's just being managed in a way that keeps him on the pitch as long as possible without pushing our luck and injuring him further. It does look like he could do with some rest to properly recover but we don't have that luxury at the moment.

• Like 1

Â