Youri Tielemans

thejoker

13 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

If only we could have this youri every week - credit where it’s due, class today

We don't play him there every week, he's often out wide or the pressing midfielder which I just don't think suits his skillset and is an awkward fit generally.

What he did show in a high pressure game against World class players he can sit deep and control play just like Luiz so that shows there is life after Doug or next season we can rest him a bit more if we sign another midfielder who can play wider.

I thought him and McGinn would just get overrun by the Arsenal midfield and yet he walked out having absolutely bossed it. Superb today. 

Did anyone notice that sprint he did in the end of the game, running back to defend, intercepting Martinelli I think ? Where did that pace come from? Thought it was Diego at first. Great game today, brilliant free signing. 

• Like 2

Really grown into the team, and one of his best performances for us today. Really showed good discipline in that CM role.

So unlucky that shot didn't go in, could've been our goal of the season.

14 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He always looks either unfit, or disinterested normally, but for the last month I think he has been very good. On todays performance there is not many better midfielders in the League.

I don't think he's ever looked disinterested. I remember him going mad in front of the Holte with our late winner in Europe right at the start of the season.

Second best player behind Carlos today. He was fantastic. His inconsistency frustrates me, but he can be so pivotal in games.

Also, denied our goal of the season by the posts. Helluva strike.

• Like 1

Â