Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2024 at 22:26, NurembergVillan said:

This chap has been pretty quiet since 21/09/2023 too 😂

I said he's got an eye for a pass, scores the odd wonder goal and struggles to get around the pitch, has he actually done more for you than that? From what I saw he's been in and out all season. He's looked fitter (by his standards anyway). Next season you'll struggle if the last few months are anything to go by and Champions League to contend with.. if you sign Barkley and actually line him up with Tielemans I'll tune in for that 😆

Edited by marklcfc

59 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I said he's got an eye for a pass, scores the odd wonder goal and struggles to get around the pitch, has he actually done more for you than that? From what I saw he's been in and out all season. He's looked fitter (by his standards anyway). Next season you'll struggle if the last few months are anything to go by and Champions League to contend with.. if you sign Barkley and actually line him up with Tielemans I'll tune in for that 😆

This is a really silly post from you, FYI.

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

Doesn't matter who we put out tbh, with Emery we seem be able pull results together and get the most from players who haven't performed at a high level before, Tielemans is one of those players, showed it against England and given more luck with injuries, to him and players around him,  Ramsey and Kamara and he should show some decent form

Looking forward to seeing Leicester back in the premier league and you may get an illustration of him and us suffering with a champions league hangover, oh the pain of success.

Ignoring the fact we finished top 4 and competed in Europe this season, 53 games with half our first team out with injuries,.not too bad at all, c u soon, Vardy still playing? 😂 

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

B93AF7C5-C4C5-4EB2-A19C-D6097D84CE4A.png

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

Doesn't matter who we put out tbh, with Emery we seem be able pull results together and get the most from players who haven't performed at a high level before

Ignoring the fact we finished top 4 and competed in Europe this season, 53 games with half our first team out with injuries,.not too bad at all, c u soon, Vardy still playing?  

Maybe for part of the season that was true but.. manager gets new contract, team loses focus you've played 6 won 0 since Emery's new deal, shit form to go into next season.

Not ignored anything it reminds me of the two seasons we finished 5th, but the teams behind you didn't take any chances they had to close the gap when it was there for them the last months, well you can't rely on Spurs like you can't Tielemans when the going will get tough. Good luck anyway, glad to be back and always enjoy the games against you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

B93AF7C5-C4C5-4EB2-A19C-D6097D84CE4A.png

Not at all, like I said earlier in the season was glad to see the back of him so we could sort the midfield out, his attitude and laziness was part of the problem.

3 hours ago, marklcfc said:

Sorry lad, you are of course right to have your opinion, but you were wrong and you mislead some of our fan base on here. It's a good remeinder not to take other clubs fans opinions for gospel, be they the Lyon fans or the LCFC fans.

You were and are simply wrong. As I've said previously and when we signed him, you don't hold down a CM place year in year out in the national team ranked as no 1 in the world if you are not an exceptional footballer. He is well suited to the CM role and has performed superbly there once up to speed, he is nowhere as slow as you were making up (you could see that was wrong already in the international games last summer). There was one game, don't remember which, where he at the end of the game took a sprint almost full length of the pitch and made a last ditch tackle. He does not struggle to get around the pitch at all. There hasn't been any question over his attitude (I remember even Dean Smith saying he wouldn't hesitate playing Tielemans despite questions of him not signing a new contract and leaving on a free).

Yes he was injured during his last season with you, and it took some time for him to get up to speed (which happens to injured players) and at the beginning of the season for us he was played in the advanced midfield role instead of the CM. But once up to speed and adjusted to the way we play, he has showed that he is the top class CM that he is.

For what it's worth we will probably not line up with Barkley and Tielemans as CM as both are more of playmakers who are best suited with a more defensive minded CM like Kamara or Luiz if we don't bring in a proper DCM.      

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Sorry lad, you are of course right to have your opinion, but you were wrong and you mislead some of our fan base on here.

I haven’t misled anyone, I’ve watched many more of his games than you have and his first 18 months with us was good also. Nothing else to say, will check towards the end of next season😉

3 hours ago, marklcfc said:

He was very solid defensively, especially in our wins vs arsenal and city. He lacks pace in recovery and transition which is certainly a flaw. But in short spaces he was an excellent presser and his speed surprised opponents. He left it all on the pitch in many many games. Saying he is lazy is not an accurate take at all. Our struggles in the second half of this season occurred becahse a number of our players had been worn ragged and all our rotation options were out injured. 

If we do sign Barkley, Tielemans and him will not line up next to each other in midfield. In fact a large reason why we might sign Barkley would be to allow Tielemans to play further forward more frequently. Barkley if signed will most lielly he used as a substitute and 3rd choice B2B midfielder after we sign another midfielder this summer. 

10 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I haven’t misled anyone, I’ve watched many more of his games than you have and his first 18 months with us was good also. Nothing else to say, will check towards the end of next season😉

Unsurprising he looked better in the first 18 months when you played him further forward in his preferred role than when he did playing as CDM trying to receive the ball off of lumps like Harry souttar. 

43 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Maybe for part of the season that was true but.. manager gets new contract, team loses focus you've played 6 won 0 since Emery's new deal, shit form to go into next season.

Not ignored anything it reminds me of the two seasons we finished 5th, but the teams behind you didn't take any chances they had to close the gap when it was there for them the last months, well you can't rely on Spurs like you can't Tielemans when the going will get tough. Good luck anyway, glad to be back and always enjoy the games against you

He didn't get a new contract just the option for an additional season accepted

Â