Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

A Spaniard with great stats who left the Prem under a cloud, arguably because of an overly-expectant fan base, went back to Spain, and could now come back to the UK with a point to prove to the fans of a Sky Six team?

This story sounds familiar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Even as Wikipedia scout... Good player at valencia won the cup, won the u17 and u19 championships with a good Spain team, won the league at man City with a decent goal return, lost a CL final, won the league with barca, got a great scoring record for Spain including playing in 2 tournaments... But he's not better than Buendia?

Come on...

Whether or not you think he is the best we can do this summer is something different but he definitley walks in to our team and is one of our better players

This is it really. He's not exactly a meltdown signing, or a certain Mr. Rashica, but he comfortably walks into our starting XI and will be one of our best player so how can you argue against that. I also don't see him costing that much more than Buendia or Bailey (in the £30-40m range), so makes good financial sense too especially if we decide to move one of them on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

A Spaniard with great stats who left the Prem under a cloud, arguably because of an overly-expectant fan base, went back to Spain, and could now come back to the UK with a point to prove to the fans of a Sky Six team?

This story sounds familiar.

Did he leave under a cloud or did he leave because they have a gluttony of options and cashed in on him?

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Personally, I wouldn't. Technically sound, but mentally not strong enough and his decision making was often poor. Whenever he won a start or two, he often failed to deliver. You could literally see him panicking in possession, and the amount of times he chose to shoot when there was a better option...very frustrating. Having said that though, technically he was very strong and could do some nice linkup play when he kept it simple. But I think mentally he never thought he was good enough to hold down a starting spot.

I would suggest the number of key penalties he tucked away would mean mental strength.  He was unerring.  

Takes two people to make a pass, passer and receiver, for years Villa couldn’t do that so again, don’t always judge the individual by the team.

just look at Chelsea right now

1 hour ago, macandally said:

I would suggest the number of key penalties he tucked away would mean mental strength.  He was unerring.  

Takes two people to make a pass, passer and receiver, for years Villa couldn’t do that so again, don’t always judge the individual by the team.

just look at Chelsea right now

I saw him on a number of occasions receive the ball under not much pressure and do a panicked first time pass to no-one.

Is there a reason why there are so many pages on this player? Like an actual credible link? So many players get their own threads without there ever being a likely transfer and this seems like another one to me.

Isn't the point of a player having their own thread outside of the transfer speculation thread, that there is a deal close or done?

I cannot for the life of me imagine Ferran Torres would choose to come here and I can't find anything at all to give any credibility to the contrary. In fact, everything I've read suggests he wants to stay at Barcelona.

This thread just seems like wishful thinking to me. Have I missed something? 

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Is there a reason why there are so many pages on this player? Like an actual credible link? So many players get their own threads without there ever being a likely transfer and this seems like another one to me.

Isn't the point of a player having their own thread outside of the transfer speculation thread, that there is a deal close or done?

I cannot for the life of me imagine Ferran Torres would choose to come here and I can't find anything at all to give any credibility to the contrary. In fact, everything I've read suggests he wants to stay at Barcelona.

This thread just seems like wishful thinking to me. Have I missed something? 

Yes. This is definitely going to be our team next season 100%.

Martinez

Cashinski  Mings Carlos Moreno

Guendouzi Lo Celso Mcginniesta

Asensio Vlahovic Torres. 

I read it in the newspaper so it must be true. 

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Did he leave under a cloud or did he leave because they have a gluttony of options and cashed in on him?

I think it was quite sunny.................................................................sorry.

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

There is a link... And that is all that matters to VT members. Credibility just gets in the way of good speculation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yes. This is definitely going to be our team next season 100%.

Martinez

Cashinski  Mings Carlos Moreno

Guendouzi Lo Celso Mcginniesta

Asensio Vlahovic Torres. 

I read it in the newspaper so it must be true. 

Definitely not :D

• 2 months later...
Â