Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we did sign him. I'd be confident he'd make it here as would be a huge personal risk for Alemany to sell from Barca to his new club Villa. Plus we've Emery who would be calling the shots right now in terms of our signings so if he;s sold on Torres then I am. 

I personally think he's at his best in the second striker / false 9 role. When he was playing there for City he was superb. He's that versatile forward we need. Alemany knows him incredibly well obviously as he came through at Valencia and then Alemany brought him to Barca. 

He's only just turned 23, he's not done as well at Barca as I would have expected but that's probably why he's available for transfer. Feels like a player we need in the position we need. He has 15 goals in 35 international appearances for Spain too. Emery would relish having him and improving him

Totally agree a number 10 is his best position, he can play out wide & is defo an upgrade on what we have out wide & is an upgrade on Beundia, be interesting what happens to Coutinho if Torres does come in, also interesting we are linked with Marco Asensio of Madrid who also is a 2nd striker type player a number 10. Really am having to pinch myself with the links to some of these players, it's eye watering 😭

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Would be very happy with this signing. Was surprised City sold him as thought he was holding his own in their squad even at the young age. 

Don’t think they wanted to.  He wanted to go

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He must be getting on a bit now. Kind of lost track of him after Chelsea paid 50 million for him and didn’t really work out. I knew he had  gone back to Spain did not realise he was now at Barcelona. It is one of those I suppose,  if the gaffer wants him, you can’t argue, and you only have to look at Ashley Young to see that players can compete when older if they keep in good shape. Certainly knew where the net was at Liverpool

That’s Fernando he’s retired

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

He must be getting on a bit now. Kind of lost track of him after Chelsea paid 50 million for him and didn’t really work out. I knew he had  gone back to Spain did not realise he was now at Barcelona. It is one of those I suppose,  if the gaffer wants him, you can’t argue, and you only have to look at Ashley Young to see that players can compete when older if they keep in good shape. Certainly knew where the net was at Liverpool

What I'd give for a prime El Niño!

Hopefully I've misjudged him if he joins. There's not a £50m player in there IMO. Far better options around for the deal he'll be on.

Full faith in Emery's opinions. Not as much in anyone in our recruitment team.

Be mad if Alemany was picking players. I think that's very unlikely.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

be awkward Gary Neville having an orgy everytime we score a goal

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

The negotiations will probably go something like this - 

"Hey Mateu, how much do you want for Torres?"

"You can have him for free, Mateu" 

"Why, thank you very much, Mateu!" 

Championship Manager flashbacks are strong here

• Haha 4

Will be a great signing was good at Valencia and at city when he did play and at Barcelona, can’t believe some are negative over him, if the other rumours of asensio and vlahovic come true a front 3 of them would be bloody fantastic 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

What I'd give for a prime El Niño!

The boy was automatic at Liverpool. He was playing at a state approaching bliss, like peak Aryton Senna.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Will be a great signing was good at Valencia and at city when he did play and at Barcelona, can’t believe some are negative over him, if the other rumours of asensio and vlahovic come true a front 3 of them would be bloody fantastic 

What would Juve want for Vlahovic?

Â