Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

Without getting too carried away - Ferran, Ollie and Diaby definitely has a similar feel to Sané, Firmino and Salah.  I think we'd still be more reliant on Ollie scoring the majority of the goals from that trio and that Ferran / Diaby would end up with more assists than goals, so it's different in that respect.  However, you'd definitely be hoping that those three would be getting close to 40 goals in the league between them - with Ollie maybe breaking the 20 goal mark and the other two chipping in with around 10 each.  Then add in Ramsey and Luiz getting similar numbers to this season and 5 or 6 goals each from the bench from say Archer and Bailey.

More importantly I don't think that front 3 means that we become unbalanced as a team and start shipping more goals as a result. 

• Like 1

I'm all for getting Ferran in, especially on a 2 year loan with a clause to buy. If the money is right. Still think the rumored fee is too favorable to Barca for a player they are desperate to get rid off (mostly due to finances not ability).

Drop another €10m from the fee and have them take a % of his salary. We are helping them here, not the other way around.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we should blow up our wage structure for this guy.  Nor will we.

It’s a dangerous move.

I would guess that Digne and Coutinho are already both on more money than we would have to pay Torres. Possibly Diaby too and Watkins if he signs a new contract. 

Edited by villa89

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would guess that Digne and Coutinho are already both on more money than we would have to pay Torres. Possibly Diaby too and Watkins if he signs a new contract. 

For some reason I thought he was on silly money but according to some sites he is on less than 100k a week! If this is true and the loan fee was 4m with an option to buy the club should be all over that!  I suspect many clubs will be interested. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For some reason I thought he was on silly money but according to some sites he is on less than 100k a week! If this is true and the loan fee was 4m with an option to buy the club should be all over that!  I suspect many clubs will be interested. 

£165k/w or €195k/w according to most sites I've seen. No idea about bonuses and other clauses.

Edited by sne

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of the Spanish contracts get reported as net for some reason so that's probably the discrepancy on the figures

• Thanks 1

I wasn't keen at all when this first was mentioned a while ago, but a combination of my unwavering trust in everything King Unai does and the way with Diaby and Watkins now, it looks like Torres couldn't compliment that front line nicely.

I believe the financials should be favourable to us if we have any clue how to negotiate.

I am no expert on him. 

If the King wants him then get it done I say 

I think he's got the potential to be our best player, had some moments where he looked like he had potential to be world class at City, slightly off-putting how they allowed him leave to Barca so easily but they do tend to do that if people want out.

Hasn't worked out for him at Barca which is the only reason we're even in this conversation but if Emery thinks he can bring out his potential the figures involved sound like a bargain really and he's young enough that we aren't setting ourselves up for some unsellable mess if it doesn't work out

Would be a huge fan of the idea if there's anything to it albeit I'll feel bad for Ramsey because he'll be the one to miss out but that's what will happen if we're serious about a proper push

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Are there actually an credible links? 

No, I don’t think so. I think so far it is all Twitter and low level newspapers.

It could be true. But zero from the likes of John Percy.

• Haha 1

Â