Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think it's a case of not really having a clue about something but still wanting to express an opinion.

Torres, aged 19/20, played 2633 minutes of football for Man City. In that time, he scored 16 goals and got 4 assists. So that's a goal/assist every 1.46 games. And more than 2000 of those minutes were in the premier league and champions league.

For Spain, one of the best national teams in the world, he's scored 15 in 35 with 2 assists, across 2237 minutes - weirdly, also a goal or assists every 1.46 games.

For Barca, in fits and starts as he only started 18 games, he has 7 goals and 2 assists in 1761 minutes, working out at a contribution every 2.17 games.

Now in what **** world is that average or not good enough? 

Honestly, if other people read this site they'd be pissing themselves laughing at this level of nonsense. 

Thank you, the amount of times I’ve heard he flopped at city is laughable 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I genuinely believe if were about to sign Mbappe, right now there'd be dissenting voices saying that he's not good enough, inconsistent, needs umpteen chances to score....

'He's never played in a serious league'

'He's arrogant'

'He doesn't care'

'He's on too much money' 

'He's only here for the money' 

'He'll go as soon as someone bigger comes in for him' 

Rinse, repeat, shut your hand in a car door a dozen times as a more pleasant activity/to actually just feel something in life

• Haha 3

Man City used him in a similar manner to Julian Alvarez, his numbers also more or less the same if Alvarez was to leave come end of the season would anybody class him as a flop? 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Man City used him in a similar manner to Julian Alvarez, his numbers also more or less the same if Alvarez was to leave come end of the season would anybody class him as a flop? 

Difference though is that Alvarez looks class whereas Torres didn’t look in Alvarez’s class.  So the numbers say one thing, the eye test another…just like El Ghazi stats were amazing but does anybody want him back?  …not always just about the numbers is it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Difference though is that Alvarez looks class whereas Torres didn’t look in Alvarez’s class.  So the numbers say one thing, the eye test another…just like El Ghazi stats were amazing but does anybody want him back?  …not always just about the numbers is it!

No I agree it isn’t always about numbers but Torres looked good at City it’s his time at Barca that’s been underwhelming, his transfer to Barca caught everyone by surprise and the fact City sold him for almost double what they paid for him speaks volumes.

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Tp reply to that, I personally would like El Ghazi. He has 15 premier league goals for us and was cast aside by a clueless manager. He was a productive player. Arguably more so than Bailey.

Did we sell him for double what we paid for him? Torres moved because he was homesick . City bought him for 33m and sold him for 55m.

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

No I agree it isn’t always about numbers but Torres looked good at City it’s his time at Barca that’s been underwhelming, his transfer to Barca caught everyone by surprise and the fact City sold him for almost double what they paid for him speaks volumes.

As I’ve said before, I didn’t think he was anything special when I watched him at City.  I put that down to him having ability but was young and homesick.  He’s gone onto Barca and been underwhelming as you’ve said.  

He may be a brilliant signing and certainly has something but where I’ve seen class quite often from Alvarez, I can’t say the same about Torres when I’ve watched him which was a lot for City but less so for Barca.  

I trust Emery though so would very much welcome him if he comes, just my initial reaction when we’re linked with him wasnt excitement like some other posters that’s all.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2023 at 12:41, ferguson1 said:

Gordon went to Newcastle for 45m in January and players like Antony went to United for much more last summer.  Forward players are expensive, especially if we’re talking elite category. 

Given the choice, I’d rather sign and have Torres in my squad for 45m than Gordon. 

Other clubs being stupid and overpaying doesn't mean it's ok if we do it.

• Like 1

Imagine 5 years ago trying to convince fans that someone like Ferran Torres would be a good signing. Or even 12 months ago. Not sure I believe there's anyone really against this apart from a noisy minority and people who play devil's advocate as a pastime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Even as Wikipedia scout... Good player at valencia won the cup, won the u17 and u19 championships with a good Spain team, won the league at man City with a decent goal return, lost a CL final, won the league with barca, got a great scoring record for Spain including playing in 2 tournaments... But he's not better than Buendia?

Come on...

Whether or not you think he is the best we can do this summer is something different but he definitley walks in to our team and is one of our better players

• Like 2

On 13/05/2023 at 07:05, lexicon said:

I think it's a case of not really having a clue about something but still wanting to express an opinion.

Torres, aged 19/20, played 2633 minutes of football for Man City. In that time, he scored 16 goals and got 4 assists. So that's a goal/assist every 1.46 games. And more than 2000 of those minutes were in the premier league and champions league.

For Spain, one of the best national teams in the world, he's scored 15 in 35 with 2 assists, across 2237 minutes - weirdly, also a goal or assists every 1.46 games.

For Barca, in fits and starts as he only started 18 games, he has 7 goals and 2 assists in 1761 minutes, working out at a contribution every 2.17 games.

Now in what **** world is that average or not good enough? 

Honestly, if other people read this site they'd be pissing themselves laughing at this level of nonsense. 

Not to mention little highlights like, say, hattricks against Germany.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Other clubs being stupid and overpaying doesn't mean it's ok if we do it.

Sadly it does in many cases by skewing the market. But I agree with you in principle we should try to avoid it.

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Tp reply to that, I personally would like El Ghazi. He has 15 premier league goals for us and was cast aside by a clueless manager. He was a productive player. Arguably more so than Bailey.

Personally, I wouldn't. Technically sound, but mentally not strong enough and his decision making was often poor. Whenever he won a start or two, he often failed to deliver. You could literally see him panicking in possession, and the amount of times he chose to shoot when there was a better option...very frustrating. Having said that though, technically he was very strong and could do some nice linkup play when he kept it simple. But I think mentally he never thought he was good enough to hold down a starting spot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Imagine 5 years ago trying to convince fans that someone like Ferran Torres would be a good signing. Or even 12 months ago. Not sure I believe there's anyone really against this apart from a noisy minority and people who play devil's advocate as a pastime. 

Well five years ago would be dumb cos we were in The Championship then. We're now eighth in the PL with new owners and Unai Emery in charge, so, yeah, that would be completely pointless.

But those who have seen Ferran Torres play a fair bit I'm sure have reasons for their opinion. Just because they hold those opinions, doesn't mean people who don't agree have to get all offended. He actually seems to divide opinion a fair bit generally, not just among Villa fans.

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Add to that... him being compared to Anwar El Ghazi and a debate on whether we should have him back... in the same thread.

EDIT: I actually don't know much about Ferran Torres to be fair.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â